• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I've wanted a Beretta for awhile so when I saw this I jumped on it. I had looked at a Egyption Helwin's some time back, but I wanted one of the original Beretta m1951's and not one of the Egyptian contract ones or Maadi Helwan copies. Numbers are all matching.... pretty nice shape (most of the area's in the pics looking like wear are just glare from the flash off the CLP.... just finished it wiping it down). Dated 1957 so its farily early in the series. Mag has some rust on it, but its functional.... guess I'll add finding another mag to my list of items I search for regularly. Can't wait to take it out for a spin.

Attachments

• 100_0284.jpg
      100_0284.jpg
      112.5 KB · Views: 301
    • 100_0286.jpg
      100_0286.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 294

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Nice pistol. Aim had these the other day for $299 but as usual...I missed them.

That's the open top slide model?

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    Nice pistol. Aim had these the other day for $299 but as usual...I missed them.

That's the open top slide model?

Yep... looks like the mother to the Beretta 92 in that regard.

That exposed barrel is the only obvious wear on it of any real significance looking at it (where the slide passes over it). Good looking lands and grooves inside, though it is a litltle dark. I guess it had a diet of corrosive ammo at some point.

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    Very nice - where did you find this?

It was one of the ones from AIM. They only had a few it looks like (When I saw them there was only 3 in stock and within a few mins they were gone)... the one I got it certainly a lot nicer then the one they had pictured on the website so I'm very happy in that regard. Usually the one on the website is the nicest one they have and you only hope to get one close to it (at least that is what I always assume).

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    That's nice! I have my eye on a 1935 right now, but the price is too high. I haven't tried to negotiate it at all yet, because I don't have the ready cash, but maybe soon. Good find!

Last edited:

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    That's nice! I have my eye on a 1935 right now, but the prices is too high. I haven't tried to negotiate it at all yet, because I don't have the ready cash, but maybe soon. Good find!

I've been tempted by a 1935 in the past, but I've resisted the urge to add another caliber (32ACP) to the storage room.... Get a 1935, well heck, if I have one 32ACP, might as well get that CZ50, and that little Browning, ect ect.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I've been tempted by a 1935 in the past, but I've resisted the urge to add another caliber (32ACP) to the storage room.... Get a 1935, well heck, if I have one 32ACP, might as well get that CZ50, and that little Browning, ect ect.

Yep, and once you get the bullet mould, reloading dies, and a stack of brass, there's no reason *not* to buy more in that caliber. In fact, you are obligated to, so that the cost of the reloading gear is spread out a bit more! :innocent0

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I picked up a Beretta Model 1951 a few weeks ago from Numrich. Haven't shot it yet, but figured anytime I can get a 9mm luger in great condition for <$300, it's worthwhile......

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Got one of these a few years back from one of my favorite dealers; Dan's Sporting Goods in PA. They quickly sold out and I thought they'd never come to market in any way afterwards. Glad to see I was wrong! And that the prices have stayed reasonable in these unreasonable times. Agree completely w. Docster, getting a quality 9mm for $300 or less is a no-brainer.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD

i gave up on the idea of not adding calibers after the first dozen or so lol.

CasualObserver

Apr 27, 2012
    Got one of these a few years back from one of my favorite dealers; Dan's Sporting Goods in PA. They quickly sold out and I thought they'd never come to market in any way afterwards. Glad to see I was wrong! And that the prices have stayed reasonable in these unreasonable times. Agree completely w. Docster, getting a quality 9mm for $300 or less is a no-brainer.

I like dealing with Dan as well. In researching the 1951 I saw that he had a batch of them 2 years ago or so.... was thinking of emailing him to see if he still had an oem mag in the bottem of the parts bin since I'm in the market. As far as value, I thought $299 wasn't bad, but the $249 AIM was selling the non C&R ones (less then 50 yrs old) last week at the same time was even better....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom