• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Anybody have one of these? Was thinking about getting one and was wondering peoples likes and dislikes are about them. Would prob get the .40 if I got one.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm pretty sure they carry the px4, I don't see the cx4 as a practical Leo tool.

I've heard good things but the kel tec sub2k is cheaper and basically a slightly less customizable option.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have one in 9mm and love it I went from the Hi-point 4595TS then to the Kel-tec Sub-2k and finally bit the bullet and bought the CX4 and put an ACGO reflex on top I love mine and would be one of the last guns I ever sell.

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    the price scared me away... i bought a hi point .40 carbine, and it's a fun "little rifle" to shoot.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    have one in .40 & love it
    very accurate and fun to shoot.
    You can pair it with a 92 or Px4 and use the same magazines!

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I have a CX4 in 40 and love it. Mine shoots PX4 mags. I can run that thing dirty as hell and it never has any problems. Its just an all around fun little carbine.

I have one in 9mm and couldn't give a damn about it. I bought it thinking I could thread it and have it as a suppressor host in partner with a 92fs.

Nope. Can't thread it due to 922r issues and parts count. And due to the open design with dual ejection ports, it sounds really loud when suppressed anyway. So now it's a waste of space.

Upsides? Very accurate, shares mags with 92 pistols.

Downsides? Vague trigger feel, and can't be suppressed.

Mine is for sale, but since it's practically new, I'm asking practically new $$$ for it. No takers so far.

I don't care. It doesn't cost a penny for it to sit in my safe, but I won't take a loss getting rid of it. If no one buys it, it'll probably get disassembled and stored in a 5 gal bucket of motor oil and buried as a cache.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I don't care. It doesn't cost a penny for it to sit in my safe, but I won't take a loss getting rid of it. If no one buys it, it'll probably get disassembled and stored in a 5 gal bucket of motor oil and buried as a cache.

Just let me know where you burry it :D Id love to have a 9mm version too.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I have one in 9mm. I bought it because it takes the same magazine as my 92fs pistol.

It's lots of fun to shoot and it's easy to field strip & clean.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    I have one and it's an enjoyable plinking gun. You could make an argument for use as a shouldered weapon for home-defense, but mine is relegated to target-shooting.

If you have any Beretta pistols, you may want to check that the model Cx4 you're getting may be magazine-compatible with whatever pistol you own. The newer ones use the same mags as the Px4 pistols, while the older ones use the same mags as the 92 and 96 models. (mine uses 96 mags) This is also meaningful if you want to get extended-capacity mags for it.

Had I to do it over again, I would've gotten it in 9mm, just because .40 is so damned expensive for what you get. Or if you want stopping power, go with the 45ACP model. (at the expense of mag capacity)

Action is straight blowback. Easy to disassemble and clean. (comes apart with no tools) Fully ambidextrous. Make sure your ejector cover and extractor are set up correctly...setting one up for LH and one for RH will have brass getting caught in the chamber. Sounds obvious, but I've seen it happen before!

I'm a big fan of at least the top-mount rail. I have a Burris FastFire red-dot on mine that is reasonably accurate at pistol ranges. Not the most reliable optic...despite their claims that the dot is made for pistol slide-mount, it "flickers" in intensity from the action of the rifle. If you plan to shoot a lot, a different dot may serve you better. You can also get extra butt-pad extensions if you have long arms.

Trigger...is crap. But hey, it's not a match-gun. And it gets better over use. I've seen guides on polishing the trigger surfaces, but it's hard to get it JUST right without going over and ruining the FCG.

If you want a reliable pistol-caliber carbine that you can get C&C for not a lot of money, I very strongly recommend it. Seems pretty reliable...I think I may have seen 1 "jam" in 500-1000 rounds and I can't swear it wasn't the ammo.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    this is mine - put a $30 walmart red dot on it

cx4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3