• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MD_PA_Hunter

Jan 6, 2017
    I am in the market for a new semi-auto shotgun. I hope to do some turkey/duck hunting, so the ability to shoot 3.5's is very appealing to me. However, I do enjoy shooting skeet and this gun will probably shoot more rounds on the skeet field than in the woods. I originally was looking at a SBE2, but I read too many stories about how they just dont cycle light loads very well. So, I moved on to gas guns.

I know the A300 will cycle light loads, does anyone have any experience with the A350? If the A350 can reliably cycle small range loads, and can also shoot 3.5's, it seems like the best of both worlds. However, If its going to be problematic on the skeet range, than perhaps I will stick to the A300. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If you keep the gas ports clean, then a gas Beretta should cycle pretty much whatever you put in it. Only time I had an issue with my 391 is when I did not clean the gas ports for a decade. Took a dremel and a drill bit to them and it runs fine now. I own Beretta gas guns and a Benelli SBE. The SBE will not cycle anything less than 1 1/8oz at 1200 fps on a warm day and it needs more velocity on a very cold day. I was debating between an A300 and the new Benelli Ethos in 28 gauge, and I ended up going with the Beretta. The Berettas require more TLC, but the recoil is a lot smoother and they pretty much cycle everything. Hunting guns, I think I am going to stick with Benelli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom