• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I'm also looking for a decent pair of grips besides the factory grips. I kinda like the hogue black pearlized polymer grips but I understand tht they are probably pretty slick plus I can't seem to find good quality pictures of them on the gun to see how it would look.

Could anyone post a picture of your hogue grips or recommend a type of grip that you've had in the past with success. I'm trying to shy away from wood grips for now because I'm also deciding on throwing some np3 or gold finish/plated highlights on some parts. Though if you tryed it with success, let me know. Pictures are always helpful :)

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have Hogue grips on my 92fs Centurion; I don't know the exact model number as I bought them 7 or 8 years ago.

I like the wrap around Hogue grips in general as I have fairly large hands and some guns feel small without them; they did wonders for my 1911 which I found very awkward without them.

IMG_0982.jpg

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    Sailskidrive, how much thicker do the houges make the grip?

I 'fit' to my 92G pretty well but I don't know how much larger would be comfortable. I really like the look of this grip and have liked the overmold products I have owned/used before, but as it is now I have my mag release flipped so I can operate it without breaking my grip.

John

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Hogue? Smogue, judging by your last thread your looking to spruce up your toy there are tons of makers for beretta grips. The rosewood grips look awesome but since I was going for that Samuel L. Jackson look I went a different route.

IMG_20111006_170742.jpg

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Hogue? Smogue, judging by your last thread your looking to spruce up your toy there are tons of makers for beretta grips. The rosewood grips look awesome but since I was going for that Samuel L. Jackson look I went a different route.

IMG_20111006_170742.jpg

You need to get the slide engraved with "Bad M******F*****". Or do you just have that on your wallet?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You need to get the slide engraved with "Bad M******F*****". Or do you just have that on your wallet?

Hahaha I almost never shoot it, the last time times I went with Erik I brought it out but other than that it just stays in the safe.

It looks like a Marvin the Martian gun.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011

IMG_20111006_170742.jpg

As those just the regular aluminum grips? How slick are they? I get sweaty hands and well if it's too slick, it'll fly right out of my hands. I know the over molded grips are good for keeping it in your hands but I do like the look of the metal and pearlized grips

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    They are not slick at all and very comfortable. They are just aluminmum grips nothing special. Their only downfall is shooting them outside in the winter they get colder then a well diggers..........well you know.

The grips get cold fast.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I'm not to worried about cold but if just being able to hold onto it. I might get a pair of the aluminum coated black and then engraved with the grim reaper on the side with the standard aluminum color. Does $90 sound like a fair deal or do to think the place I'd be getting them from is making serious profit?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I bought them for 40 from a guy on the beretta forum. I think he said he got them for 65-70 (but I could be wrong)

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I like these if you are looking to get thinner than stock:
    http://www.trausch.com/form/accueilA.htm
    They are the thinnest which I am aware of now.

After those, I prefer wood ones myself then stock.
    Sorry, I haven't had any of the poly grips to compare, would think they would be slick as you said.

Those Trausch grips sound interesting considering the reduction in grip size. They are not very handsome grips though, I'll say that. (Also total side note, but at almost two in the morning it was unpleasant to find out my speakers were at half volume... thank you 1990's website...)

If the OP is looking for something a little nicer (and a bit pricey-er) check out VZ grips:

http://vzgrips.com/

They are now offering grips for the Beretta as well as a few others. I have a set on my 1911 and they are very nice.

My 1911 with desert sand VZ Operators:

dsc00017_830498.jpg

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I decided on the grips I'm getting! It's going to be black anodized aluminum hogue grips. It will have gungrips.net grim reaper 2 solid etched into the grips and coated with silver powder. I payed $107 shipped, hopefully they turn out good

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom