• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    I bought this a while back from Gunbroker and haven't shot it yet.

Im considering two different directions for this project.

1. Use 92D Centurion slide and convert to DAO

2. Use original 92FS slide, get single sided (low profile) safety installed and use a DA/SA "D" hammer

Both setups would use Novak style night sights, Speed bump trigger and (if I can find one) Bar-Sto match barrel

Either way, Im looking to create a smooth, snag free carry pistol.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Most people consider the D-Spring to be a worthwhile investment, as it significantly reduces the feel of the DA trigger. That said, I personally would not change this gun to DAO - the DA trigger was originally meant as a safety and reliability measure (will only fire when you want it to); by going DAO you're negating the benefit of continued SA firing after the first shot. DA/SA triggers do require more practice (as opposed to SAO/DAO), but it is still worthwhile to keep, in my opinion.

I would definitely agree with you that for an EDC, you'll want to do something about the safety.

Depending on the age of the gun, you may want to check to see if it has the wings to keep the slide from flying backwards in the event of breakage. You'll also want to check the locking-block as this is a "consumable part".

Other than that, I'm envious - I want a 92 compact for my wife's first gun, but new ones are INOX-only and hard for me to find in-state.

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    The gun is an original FS pistol... would these "wings" be on the frame or the slide? I know that the slide is an older slide.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    The gun is an original FS pistol... would these "wings" be on the frame or the slide? I know that the slide is an older slide.

I made a mistake - it's an improvement in the design of the hammer pin. Supposedly old 92F Berettas do not have the improved design, which means that the 92FS should be safe. You should be able to easily disassemble and check your FS for yourself.

Source:
    http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=87399

Disassembly Graphic:
    http://home.gwu.edu/~wfrowe/drawing.html

Comparison (Improved Design on Right):
    images

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Most people consider the D-Spring to be a worthwhile investment, as it significantly reduces the feel of the DA trigger. That said, I personally would not change this gun to DAO - the DA trigger was originally meant as a safety and reliability measure (will only fire when you want it to); by going DAO you're negating the benefit of continued SA firing after the first shot. DA/SA triggers do require more practice (as opposed to SAO/DAO), but it is still worthwhile to keep, in my opinion.

I would definitely agree with you that for an EDC, you'll want to do something about the safety.

Depending on the age of the gun, you may want to check to see if it has the wings to keep the slide from flying backwards in the event of breakage. You'll also want to check the locking-block as this is a "consumable part".

Other than that, I'm envious - I want a 92 compact for my wife's first gun, but new ones are INOX-only and hard for me to find in-state.

There is a Bruniton version of the new 92 Compact due to be released later this year. :)

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    And there's an Inox version out already...

I know - but since I [will] have a 92A1, I thought it would be 'cute' if she had the Bruniton one (also would let me have our family's first INOX :innocent0).

-Just asked her. She likes "the silver one" and then stared at me when I explained how it would be cute. INOX for her it is.

Now I just have to find one that's NIB - any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom