• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Has anyone replaced a trigger in their Beretta 92/ Taurus 92/99 with the Wilson Combat Short Reach Steel Trigger for Beretta 92 / 96 - 635?

If you did, how difficult / easy was it to do?

Are you satisfied with it?

Thanks for any input.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I have changed Beretta triggers out several times but never for a Wilson trigger. Not horrible to do, few springs to mess with.

If you want a shorter reach I would suggest getting some thin grips if you haven't already. May help without taking the pistol apart.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    I have changed Beretta triggers out several times but never for a Wilson trigger. Not horrible to do, few springs to mess with.

If you want a shorter reach I would suggest getting some thin grips if you haven't already. May help without taking the pistol apart.

I changed the factory wooden grips with a set of Hogue Rubber Grips, that gave me a better grip, and they are little thinner.
    My main problem is with arthritis, and not having a large hand with long fingers.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Ok, I'm ready to install the WC Short Reach trigger in my Taurus PT99AF.
    Before doing so do/should I replace any springs at the same time?
    Has anyone also installed the Wolff Trigger Conversation Unit with the new trigger?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I must have bought the trigger from Wilson. I tried to replace mine in my 92FS and the part would not fit/work with my pistol.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Many replies on a Taurus forum that I frequent says that the bottom of the trigger must be filed or ground down so that the trigger does not hit the trigger guard. The trigger may have to be installed and tested several times until there is enough clearance.
    I plan on removing 1/8" with a Dremel to start with.

Rparrish

Feb 10, 2023
    Oregon
    Many replies on a Taurus forum that I frequent says that the bottom of the trigger must be filed or ground down so that the trigger does not hit the trigger guard. The trigger may have to be installed and tested several times until there is enough clearance.
    I plan on removing 1/8" with a Dremel to start with.
    Just curious how the install of the trigger went. Did you need to do any modification to the trigger for the installation?

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    Just curious how the install of the trigger went. Did you need to do any modification to the trigger for the installation?
    I haven't yet give it a try.
    My gun smithing skills aren't the best.
    Still contemplating it.
    I have history...

Rparrish

Feb 10, 2023
    Oregon
    I have not yet confirmed it, but looking at my Beretta 92FS compared to my Taurus 92AF, it appears as if the Beretta has a larger diameter trigger pin. This would likely be problematic.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    I changed mine out. Several YouTube videos out there to watch. It’s one of those things that will take 45 minutes to do the first time then 10 minutes the second time after you make all the mistakes the first time.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    A D hammer spring in them (normally put into their DAO pistols) helps lighten the trigger pull some also. Cheap and easy to do on top of it all.

There are thin grips made also be a couple of companies if that is the ask. I think VZ and Wilson carry them.

Rparrish

Feb 10, 2023
    Oregon
    I just installed the Wilson Combat short reach trigger in my older non decocker Taurus PT92. Zero issues and I much prefer the feel of this trigger over the factory heavily curved setup. Nice upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom