• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the NFA section, so feel free to move it where it should go. My 590a1 spx has me wanting a bad ass semi auto to go with it, but also a shorter package overall. I really like the benelli m4, and REALLY like the short barrel version with the traditional stock. Their website says its a new model, but does anyone have any experience with it or have any good or bad experiences with the full size? I've been kinda weary of sbs semi autos, and semi autos in general for reliability issues, but would think benelli would have that worked out. Thoughts?

Dospetz

Feb 4, 2012
    Jessup, MD
    Benelli M4, 11707 model

I own a Benelli M4 and have used an M-1014 since MP School. The full size version is good (though the collapsible buttstock Benelli issues is a pain for getting a proper stock weld with). The general rule of thumb with the M4 is shotshells with at least 3 Dram or equivalent, which means a muzzle velocity of over 1200fps usually. It CAN go a little lower than that though. I haven't had any issues with cycling any of the following ammo out of my M4:

Federal LE127RS 12ga 2.75" 1300fps muzzle velocity
    Federal F127-00 12ga 2.75" 1325fps
    Remington SPHV12RS 12ga 2.75" 1800fps

I haven't yet fired 3" rounds through it, but I have had problems with a single type of round, and that's because it's a rubber bullet:

Fiocchi 12LEBAT 12ga 2.75" 740fps

I can't speak to the smaller NFA sized type; never seen one even in service. But I would recommend the Benelli as a reliable semiauto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom