• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I did the full length magazine tube, follower with new wolf spring and for-end. Covered on the necessary 3. Need a Gunsmith unfortunately, can’t get the stock mag tube out. Unless someone here has a super idea for me :)

The recoil spring tube and mag tube have loctite on them. You need to apply heat. I used a propane torch when I replaced the recoil spring tube on my SBE, but used the same heat gun as in this video when I did the mag tube on my M4.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I replaced the buttstock on my M4 with the collapsible version and swapped out trigger, sear, mag follower, mag spring, and I believe the mag cap to meet 922(r) requirements. Would have to look at the invoice from Freedom Fighter Tactical to make sure of the mag cap, and that is too much work for today. lol

922(r) - another law of epic stupidity

U.S. made Trigger, Seer and Mag Follower give you three 922(r) parts. The mag cap would be easy, but man, I read so many websites, and don’t recall that being one if the listed components. If it was, I’ll slap myself for not using one to get to four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    U.S. made Trigger, Seer and Mag Follower give you three 922(r) parts. The mag cap would be easy, but man, I read so many websites, and don’t recall that being one if the listed components. If it was, I’ll slap myself for not using one to get to four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mag cap isn't one of them. I wrote the wrong thing. I went back to Freedom Fighter Tactical to look at the invoice from 2016. Didn't even have an electronic copy of it in Quicken, which I am going to have to rectify tomorrow morning when I get back into my "office". I replaced the forearm, not the mag cap. Forearm is an easy replacement too. Here are the items that qualify for 922(r) for the Benelli M4:

1. Receiver
    2. Barrel
    3. Bolt
    4. Bolt carrier
    5. Gas piston
    6. Trigger housing
    7. Trigger
    8. Hammer
    9. Disconnector
    10. Buttstock (with integral pistol grip)
    11. Forearm/handguard (forend)
    12. Magazine body
    13. Follower

tentsandtread

Dec 22, 2022
    Huntingtown
    DSC07955.jpg

Think you already got parts but... the Briley carbon tube is a great option as well for either the H20 or traditional setup!

Briley is also doing six position stock tubes now that are actually reliably in stock

tentsandtread

Dec 22, 2022
    Huntingtown
    Welcome to the board. Very nice gun, but I am more fascinated with the staging of the pic and the actual photo.
    older gunbench setup i had, currently looking at framing in a room to have a proper gun room, Just finished setting up a secure it wall behind the new bench for images etc.
    DSC04235.jpg
    some other images of the benelli
    DSC08046-Edit.jpg

DSC08031.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    older gunbench setup i had, currently looking at framing in a room to have a proper gun room, Just finished setting up a secure it wall behind the new bench for images etc.
    View attachment 393468 some other images of the benelli View attachment 393467
    View attachment 393469
    Your pics are just amazing. Once I get the gun hobby under control, I am going to focus more on the photography hobby. Been meaning to set up a gun/reloading room here since we moved in three years ago. Might finally start working on it next month and order the vault door. Like you, I am planning on putting a SecureIt wall in the room. Yours looks great.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    Hadn’t visited this thread in a while. Great pics.
    Stumbled upon this m4 on Instagram this afternoon. Talk about wants vs needs.

Attachments

• 2B113491-F645-45B9-8BD0-0511BECD2858.jpeg
      2B113491-F645-45B9-8BD0-0511BECD2858.jpeg
      336.6 KB · Views: 94

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Hadn’t visited this thread in a while. Great pics.
    Stumbled upon this m4 on Instagram this afternoon. Talk about wants vs needs.
    Holy sh*t! That is absolutely gorgeous. I need that in my life. It makes my 870 SBS (which I used to think was the best looking shotgun) look like sh*t. :sad20:

87EC396C-DE9E-475F-A8D9-7E72CE2AEE60.jpeg

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Ended up needing extended heat gun use as well to get the stock tube off, but finally got it to go. The heat gun singed the coating around the end of the receiver a bit, but John up at Duffy’s was able to sexy it back up for me. Still gonna tweak a couple more items, but new US fore grip added, new follower, new wolf spring and new full length h2o tube all from freedom fighter tactical. Harry at Gun Connection once again hooked me up and installed the GGG oversized bolt handle and release. I think it turned out pretty good all things considered

Attachments

• 0E4210B9-141A-4288-9DB2-89544424B618.jpeg
      0E4210B9-141A-4288-9DB2-89544424B618.jpeg
      659.4 KB · Views: 103

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Ended up needing extended heat gun use as well to get the stock tube off, but finally got it to go. The heat gun singed the coating around the end of the receiver a bit, but John up at Duffy’s was able to sexy it back up for me. Still gonna tweak a couple more items, but new US fore grip added, new follower, new wolf spring and new full length h2o tube all from freedom fighter tactical. Harry at Gun Connection once again hooked me up and installed the GGG oversized bolt handle and release. I think it turned out pretty good all things considered
    That looks pretty damn nice!!!!!!!!!! Must resist the urge.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

Very, very nice.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Appreciate the comments fellas. 1.5 weeks left on my wrist surgery recovery and then it’s time to work this thing out at the range. Really looking forward to it

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    One more question. Is Benelli the only place to find the adjustable stock pictured so well multiple times in this thread or are there other after market versions worth a look? I’m fine with the M4’s fixed stock, but some adjustment options would be nice if the price was right.

Thanks all!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Decided to put a new trigger group in to finally complete my mods on my dream M4. Took it for its first test run and it ran like a top! Good stuff

Attachments

• IMG_1032.jpeg
      IMG_1032.jpeg
      278.1 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads