• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I just got a Benelli M4 and am interested in getting either the full length magazine tube or the magazine extension. Cost wise there isn't that much of a difference for some reason. From what I have read replacing the extension is pretty simple. But with the full length tube you need to heat the tube to change it due to the lock tight on the threads. But what I really would like to know is what is the advantages and disadvantages of going with one over the other. I would like some advise please. Also if I go with the full length tube would it be worth it to get it in titanium over steel? The titanium weighs a little less but is $100 more. I have been looking at a company called Freedom Fighter Tactical for their M4 parts.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    IIRC, disassembly can be a little easier w/ a replacement tube as the handguards and stuff don't hit the fat part of the extension and just slide right off. Looks a lot cleaner too.

I made a Ti tube for my Turknelli M4 clone (pics in that thread.) FWIW, Its lighter by exactly what two more 00 Buck shells weigh.

I think a 510C would be a great choice on a shotgun due to the circle/dot.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I went with the full length tube since I thought it just looked cleaner. Not too difficult to swap out.
    I elected to go with an RMR on a Scalarworks mount. Lowest mount I could find and works well with the sights.

Attachments

• 961EFD48-2322-45FE-A9B1-E3487C865ADE.jpeg
      961EFD48-2322-45FE-A9B1-E3487C865ADE.jpeg
      691 KB · Views: 44

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I went with the full length tube since I thought it just looked cleaner. Not too difficult to swap out.
    I elected to go with an RMR on a Scalarworks mount. Lowest mount I could find and works well with the sights.
    Looks nice. I see you upgraded the bolt release and charging handle also. Did you do any trigger work? What brand parts did you use?

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I just got a Benelli M4 and am interested in getting either the full length magazine tube or the magazine extension. Cost wise there isn't that much of a difference for some reason. From what I have read replacing the extension is pretty simple. But with the full length tube you need to heat the tube to change it due to the lock tight on the threads. But what I really would like to know is what is the advantages and disadvantages of going with one over the other. I would like some advise please. Also if I go with the full length tube would it be worth it to get it in titanium over steel? The titanium weighs a little less but is $100 more. I have been looking at a company called Freedom Fighter Tactical for their M4 parts.

When I did it, I found this thread on the subject and reached out to the guy (Joseph) mentioned in it. I love the results.

I do not know if it is more or less expensive, but Joseph did right by me.

I bought the rest of the compliance parts from Freedom Fighters Tactical.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
      image0.jpeg
      196.3 KB · Views: 32

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Bought all my parts from freedom fighters tactical as well Aside from the release and bolt knob from GGG.

Attachments

• IMG_3956.jpeg
      IMG_3956.jpeg
      390 KB · Views: 30

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I think the parts from FFT are high quality but at a high cost.
    I agree 100%. I am nothing but pleased with everything I got from them, but nothing was cheap for sure. I still can't get over (not FFT), but the Benelli adjustable stock being damn near $600. That's just absurd. Gotta pay to play I suppose.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Sorry, no trigger work. I might reconsider that later although it wasn’t necessary for me right now. And yeah, that’s the GG&G handle and bolt release. The only thing I don’t like about the handle is that it spins/twists. It’s not locked in like the factory small handle.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Sorry, no trigger work. I might reconsider that later although it wasn’t necessary for me right now. And yeah, that’s the GG&G handle and bolt release. The only thing I don’t like about the handle is that it spins/twists. It’s not locked in like the factory small handle.
    I don't think I would like a bolt release that spins either. I haven't decided if I am going to replace the factory one yet or not. Wish I could just replace the magazine tube and be done but you can't do that and stay compliant so I guess I will be doing some other things too.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I agree 100%. I am nothing but pleased with everything I got from them, but nothing was cheap for sure. I still can't get over (not FFT), but the Benelli adjustable stock being damn near $600. That's just absurd. Gotta pay to play I suppose.
    I would not pay $600 for an adjustable stock.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I would not pay $600 for an adjustable stock.
    I agree. Found one for $500-$550 and still couldn’t justify it. After The full length tube, new follower, spring, and forearm it’s compliant (which is dumb as hell) and I’m happy with the entire gun. I love the GG&G stuff too, but $500-$600 for that stock I just can’t justify personally.

Sorry I ran at the mouth OP, didn’t mean to mini hijack. :thumbsup:

BTW - just saw the “no spin” bolt handles on FFT OP. They were $76 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom