• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Came with full, modified, and skeet chokes. And another choke that's two sets of threads which essentially puts male threads at the muzzle. It's unmarked so I'll have to measure to see what it is. What's the purpose of the weird double threaded choke? So I can put a muzzle device on it?

The double threaded choke is a a full cylinder choke / adapter. It allows you to thread on muzzle devices designed for the Saiga 12.

I haven’t verified that yet. But that’s what the guys from overseas told me.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Came with full, modified, and skeet chokes. And another choke that's two sets of threads which essentially puts male threads at the muzzle. It's unmarked so I'll have to measure to see what it is. What's the purpose of the weird double threaded choke? So I can put a muzzle device on it?
    Mine was advertised as being an adapter for Saiga pattern muzzle devices. Take that with a grain of salt given the fact that for all we know you and I purchased two completely different firearms with components made from completely different manufacturers.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The double threaded choke adapter allows you to thread on this muzzle device. ( compensator )

Attachments

• CE88536D-7E3E-4397-833F-F3C50370767A.jpeg
      CE88536D-7E3E-4397-833F-F3C50370767A.jpeg
      124.8 KB · Views: 234

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007

Its a Saiga threaded choke I believe. I found a benelli Salvo choke in stock at a shop so I can mount my Salvo 12 to it when ATF says i can have it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Saiga 12 thread adapter, IIRC. Can't say I see a ton of uses, but who knows...

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Its a Saiga threaded choke I believe. I found a benelli Salvo choke in stock at a shop so I can mount my Salvo 12 to it when ATF says i can have it.
    They got anymore of them? I happen to own a Salvo 12 and am in need. Normally I plan better but since I put about 30 seconds of thought into this purchase . . .

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    The hammer on the S4 is also a bit rough. A little polishing will smoothen the action significantly.

Yeah, it must be a stamped part, i dressed mine with 1000 grit sandpaper and a file and its smooth now, i also sanded the real tail of the bolt carrier until it was smooth and blended together since they are just stamped sheet metal, feels like a real benelli now.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Holy chit, someone on Arf is selling a Benelli M4 collapsible stock for $725. Yikes had no idea they were that much

Attachments

• DDF58670-1206-4E16-B6DC-B603E2BF17FE.jpg
      DDF58670-1206-4E16-B6DC-B603E2BF17FE.jpg
      51.9 KB · Views: 169

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Here’s a current picture of my AKSA S4 turknelli m4 clone. ( it’s a budget build)

SDS import S4 (399.99)
    Mesa tactical Urbino pistol grip stock/ forearm
    12.5” LOP, with cheekrest. ODG
    Limbsaver recoil pad
    Mesa tactical aluminum 8- round sidesaddle / optics rail. (199.00)
    FFT follower( 12.00)
    KZ 2-round mag extension.( factory m4 spring)(60.00)
    Factory m4 extractor and spring. (24.00)
    Mossy 590 heatshield adapted to the s4( 13.00 )
    1.5” two point sling(15.00)
    TRS-25 red dot( 69.00 )
    Iprotek clamp on flashlight mount.(12.00)
    Polished the hammer , mag follower , bolt carrier , bolt lugs and blue locktight on all screws.

Attachments

• 9F1B0A6E-7641-4ECF-BA85-AB5F18DA588D.jpg
      9F1B0A6E-7641-4ECF-BA85-AB5F18DA588D.jpg
      166.4 KB · Views: 183
    Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    In fairness.

The sds imports S4( AKSA S4) is a very good clone. The parts interchange with the real m4.
    It’s a tightly built gun. Nothing is loose. Aftermarket parts for the m4 drop in. No fitting issues.

As stated before. The finish sucks. It looks like the piss poor oxide finish on my Kimber. Wears down easily with cleaning , exposing uneven splotches. If my gun proves to be reliable. I’ll get it cerakoted.

Initial reliability test was impressive. It ate low powered birdshots that would not cycle reliably on my real m4.

No issues with buckshot or slugs. It ate about 100 rounds of sterling target loads from dicks’s with zero malfunction.

No screws walked off as I’ve pre- empted that with blue lock tight.

Overall, it’s not as good as a real Benelli. But it gives the same identical m4 experience at a fraction of the cost of a real M4.

My S4 is going to be a beater gun. I can now train with an m4 platform without worrying about scratches and dings on an expensive shotgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom