• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Got to thinking about drilling out the blockage in this faux extension rather than buying a new one but the rim of the shell won't fit in the end so I don't think it'd work

I installed the Speedbar from Dave's Metal Works for the bolt release. It is a game changer and can be removed in 1 minute without altering the shotgun.

Attachments

• speedbar.JPG
      speedbar.JPG
      45.4 KB · Views: 186

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I installed the Speedbar from Dave's Metal Works for the bolt release. It is a game changer and can be removed in 1 minute without altering the shotgun.
    I've been thinking about ordering one. The release button seems pretty small compared to my M3K.

I've been thinking about ordering one. The release button seems pretty small compared to my M3K.

It makes releasing the bolt a breeze and no fumbling to find the small button.

Looks like a piece of spring steel hooked over that forend collar - no?

That's exactly what it is. Once he got the dimensions correct and a jig setup, he can probably make them for <$1 and 5 minutes of his time. I'm happy paying $20 for his time and research.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    Got the SDS m4 Aksa cleaned it there was metal shaving in the fake tube extention. Took to the range it did good with 20 buckshot and 5 slugs. then 25 rem game loads 7.5 shot 3 FTF but it's not close to being broke in. Do you have to put a round in the chamber for 1st shot. It did not seem to pick up a round out of the feed tube when the chamber was empty, but could be user error. I 200 rnds of buckshot to break it in.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got the SDS m4 Aksa cleaned it there was metal shaving in the fake tube extention. Took to the range it did good with 20 buckshot and 5 slugs. then 25 rem game loads 7.5 shot 3 FTF but it's not close to being broke in. Do you have to put a round in the chamber for 1st shot. It did not seem to pick up a round out of the feed tube when the chamber was empty, but could be user error. I 200 rnds of buckshot to break it in.
    You need to use that shell release button on the trigger housing to dump that first shell in. Just racking the bolt isn't going to do it.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007

Yes, you have to hit the shell release after loading the magazine tube so that it spits a shell onto the lifter. I believe that is done so once the magtube is full you can drop a round in to load the chamber.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I managed to swap out my stock magazine tube for the DMW one with NDZ follower. I should have taken erwos’ advice and not bothered with a heat gun, because that thing was completely full of thread locker. Probably would have saved myself about 20 minutes of frustration, but it did finally come off.

I also threw on my speedbar that I bought alongside the mag tube but kept forgetting to install. Really welcome upgrade for us southpaws.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    The super cheap sources for the Turknelli S3 and S4 imported by SDS have seemed to have dried up. I have a distinct feeling word has gotten out.

Thanks Erwos for turning me on to a Turknelli S4.
    Right, the price at Battle Hawk Armory has gone up by $200 and it's OOS

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom