• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfox

Mar 27, 2012
    I've been thinking about buying an M4 #11711, but can't seem to get to the bottom of a couple key questions (finding opposing answers). Any Benelli experts out there?

1) The Benelli website appears to list this model as 4+1 capacity. However, there are a number of websites (just do a google search), including Able Ammo, Impact, and auctions at Buds that list it as 7+1, and clearly appear to indicate this is the factory new condition (and no mention of NFA). Which is right?

2) If it truly is available factory new as 7+1, how can these not be NFA? They have a collapsible stock and pistol grip, etc.

3) Are they legal in MD?

Thanks, All
    JF

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    I think they are only eligible to be imported with the low capacity cuz of the non sorting shot gun thing. I'm no expert, but I know the water is a little muddy on how you can sell and transfer and import the m4.

Dospetz

Feb 4, 2012
    Jessup, MD
    They are Legal

I was interested in the H2O as well and several dealers plan to carry it, albeit mid-year at the earliest as Benelli has been slow to get them out. The main issue with the magazine size in the past has been the 922(r) restriction on U.S. vs imported parts. I haven't seen any word on how the H2O meets those requirements when the standard model did not but have to guess they did since it's being offered. I would have bought it but I already own an M4 and just opted to replace the buttstock, follower, and fore end with U.S. made pieces to combo with a magazine extension.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I believe I saw one at the Upper Marloboro show for something like $2,400, looked great but for 5 shot shells .... meh, it's like a Ferrari with a 5 gallon tank ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom