• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Well I finally broke down a purchased another one of these knives. I carried one for about four years until I lost it working outside. I've tried to find an EDC knife that is comparable but have been unsuccessful. I thought I'd give a review for anyone looking for a great knife to carry.

The best thing about this knife is that it is extremely light. It probably only weighs a few ounces and it has a very slim profile. You almost forget you have a knife clipped in your pocket. This makes it nice to retrieve things like keys or a phone. The blade is 154CM SS and holds a sharp edge for a long time. I never needed to sharpen my first knife. This knife can take an average amount of abuse but I wouldn't use it for prying since the blade is thin. The belt clip can be switched to accommodate righty's and lefty's. This particular model uses an axis lock. The blade is deployed by pulling back on the silver locking mechanism and with a flick of your wrist it can be flipped open quite rapidly.

The only thing I do not like is that it does not have an open back. Dirt and lint is easily trapped inside but it can be moved out with a paper clip and by blowing air in the handle. Other than that, I find this to be a great knife for EDC.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
      IMG_0230.jpg
      30.1 KB · Views: 178
    • IMG_0231.jpg
      IMG_0231.jpg
      33 KB · Views: 174
    • IMG_0232.jpg
      IMG_0232.jpg
      29.1 KB · Views: 173
    • IMG_0233.jpg
      IMG_0233.jpg
      35.1 KB · Views: 174

ElDunco

Jul 21, 2008
    Silver Spring
    I've got one that I've been carrying for about a year. Fantastic little knife. Disappears where you're wearing it and cuts just about anything you could want. Do you ever have any issues keeping yours sharp? Mine is a bit temperamental about getting an edge. It keeps it like no other though once it's there.

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    Do you ever have any issues keeping yours sharp? Mine is a bit temperamental about getting an edge. It keeps it like no other though once it's there.
    That would be due to the choice of steel. Its been said of 154CM (same stuff as ATS34) that it takes a $hitty edge and holds it forever. I'd say that's about right.

Diamond sharpening stones help a great deal and because of the strength of the steel you can use a narrower angle on the edge then you would for most other steels.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    I have been carrying one of these for well over a year as well. It never leaves my pockt whether casual or dress clothes are being worn. I haven't had to sharpen mine yet so I can't comment on that but it is a great all around knife.

Note: I have the straight edge stainless finish blade

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom