• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    As I get into more casting and have bullets sitting around I am storing them ready for use. Using old ice cream pint and various crap. I got a couple green storage boxes and I can't fine more or whereI bought them. I do not see stackable units from MTM for something like this.

What are you all using to organize loose items storage like this on your bench or shelves?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I use heavy weight plastic bags and ikea recycling bins on the floor. Also stackable open mouth bins (Akro Mills) on shelves for smaller amounts of things (also in bags generally).

I’ll post links later.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Akro Mills bins....
    stackable, dividers, lids, etc. Various sizes and colors..they also have different weight holding capabilities.Generally use 20%-30% off coupons plus FREE shipping when I need more.

Pencil Boxes and the like..
    ( plastic, stackable ) For the not so heavy stuff, mainly for smaller things.

Plastic Shoe boxes...
    Have lids, and stackable..within reason
    Note: there are so many interpretations of what a shoe box is. Size wise..lids, etc. So get them from the same place or get the same type.

Divided compartment plastic parts containers.For the smaller stuff, pins, screws, etc. Have some metal "Klein" divided storage containers..

old metal coffee cans...

Plastic containers...
    Coffee mate, Coffee, Candy, Snacks come in.

Tidy Cat litter Containers...
    Stackable..Walnut / Corn Cob media, brass

And of course lots of fat 50 & 50 cal metal Ammo cans

Milk crates / older soda crates, Plastic totes
    Stackable..

-Rock

Last edited:

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Walmart school supplies section has an assortment of fairly sturdy stackable containers of various sizes that are quite inexpensive. Check them out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have tons of these. Very stackable and free to me after I eat all the contents. You can also get these with cat snacks or cashew nuts. Same size. One of these will hold 1000 pieces of 9mm brass.

1000001009.jpg
    1000001012.jpg
    1000001011.jpg

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I use all manner of stuff, but I use a lot of Akro bins, and I've taken to using the clear plastic containers that mixed nuts come in that we buy at BJ's, (basically the same as what Outrider is using) as well as the big containers that things like Utz pretzels, cheese balls, and animal crackers come in.

I find that if you fill those full of hot water, it looses the adhesive and the labels usually peel right off without issue, assuming you're like me and you don't want the label on it. Then I use painter's tape and use a Sharpie to mark them.
    IMG_7247.jpeg
    IMG_7245.jpeg
    IMG_7244.jpeg
    IMG_7243.jpeg

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I found what I was looking for. I search MTM bullet boxes and Google only shows cartridge boxes.

cast-bullet-box.jpg

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Harbor Freight sells those little bins trickG shows to the right in his picture.
    They come in different sizes and with a little rack they hang on, fairly inexpensive.
    Glass jars are a bad idea. Years ago glass baby food jars were plentiful. If/when you drop one, glass is mixed up with screws or brass or whatever was in them.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I found what I was looking for. I search MTM bullet boxes and Google only shows cartridge boxes.

cast-bullet-box.jpg
    Amazon has them - $5 for two. I like MTM ammo boxes and I have a fair number of those, but I didn't even know these existed - I could definitely see myself making use of them.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have tons of these. Very stackable and free to me after I eat all the contents. You can also get these with cat snacks or cashew nuts. Same size. One of these will hold 1000 pieces of 9mm brass.

View attachment 445378 View attachment 445379 View attachment 445380
    I also use bins like that. The 5# bins for screws also works great. The plastic ones with the little handles. Can generally store around 1000 .357 or smaller bullets. Or around 300 .45acp loaded or 500 9mm. About 250 .223. Nice little range "cans". That is how I keep some common calibers loaded up for blasting ammo.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Harbor Freight sells those little bins trickG shows to the right in his picture.
    They come in different sizes and with a little rack they hang on, fairly inexpensive.
    Glass jars are a bad idea. Years ago glass baby food jars were plentiful. If/when you drop one, glass is mixed up with screws or brass or whatever was in them.
    Just to be clear, all the jars we are showing are made of plastic.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I think what Byron is using is good for brass, maybe even loaded cartridges. I am storing lead bullets. I cast abut 500 for 6.8 and in a old wire nut container and 3/4 full and its is 9.6 pounds. That is getting a bit heavy to stacking on container not made for that. Small and stackable for bullets is better in this case, at least my my thinking.

Loaded cartridges go into MTM specific 50 round boxes. I order 4 packs of 8 boxes off amazon. Thanks for all the ideas.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think what Byron is using is good for brass, maybe even loaded cartridges. I am storing lead bullets. I cast abut 500 for 6.8 and in a old wire nut container and 3/4 full and its is 9.6 pounds. That is getting a bit heavy to stacking on container not made for that. Small and stackable for bullets is better in this case, at least my my thinking.

Loaded cartridges go into MTM specific 50 round boxes. I order 4 packs of 8 boxes off amazon. Thanks for all the ideas.
    I do use them for bullets as well, but I never put more than 500 pieces in them. You are correct, any more than that and they become very unwieldy.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Those berries plastic black boxes used for plated bullets are also handy for storing bullets. The fanciest cast bullet storage box I've ever received were those wooden acme bullet company boxes.

1702926427298.png

1702926474124.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom