• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    I transitioned from the shotgun to a handgun (in a nightstand) when he started crawling. Now that he walks/runs, it's in a cheap safe on the nightstand. When I'm not around it's in the bigger safe. You have a little time to figure out what will work for you. I agree that you can adjust your security measures as the munchkin ages.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    The current crop of kids that would be roaming my house are two years old an under. I keep a P229 in the nightstand. I don't keep a round chambered. The trigger pull is such that a child that young couldn't pull the trigger or for that matter rack the slide. If there are older children present, I simply remove the loaded magizine and hide both the gun and magazine.

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    I applaud the OP for seeking advice on this. There are some very good options posted here and I am sure you will find the right one for you needs and budget.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I use this one. I like that you do not need any light to open it yet it's very secure. Comes with a cable lock to lock it whatever you choose.

GV1000.jpg

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Biometric gun safe attached to underside of bed.

shotgun in lock box attached to bedroom floor. Wife has access to gun box on her side and the shotgun on my side. Bed is set up to give a crossfire to door which is in direction away from other bedrooms. Our bedroom is at the top of the stairs so that we can defend the other bedrooms. All windows are armed with generator backup so if someone cuts the phone and electric. All doors are armed including garage door.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I use this one. I like that you do not need any light to open it yet it's very secure. Comes with a cable lock to lock it whatever you choose.

GV1000.jpg

Another vote for gunvault although I use a different model. Cable locked to the bed frame, one on my side, one on the wife's side. Glock 21 and 30S ready to rock and roll on my side, wife's 2 guns ready to roll on her side. Easy to open in complete darkness but plenty secure enough to keep a child out.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Another vote for gunvault although I use a different model. Cable locked to the bed frame, one on my side, one on the wife's side. Glock 21 and 30S ready to rock and roll on my side, wife's 2 guns ready to roll on her side. Easy to open in complete darkness but plenty secure enough to keep a child out.

Is it just me or am I the only one thinking OP is talking about a shotgun? Or is everyone just enthusiastic to speak because of boredom?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Is it just me or am I the only one thinking OP is talking about a shotgun? Or is everyone just enthusiastic to speak because of boredom?

Sheesh, half the time you rant without paying attention to what is posted and then the rest of the time you over analyze. Cut us a break Blaster. :wtf: :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom