• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I had it linked to a different forum...so it may have not had permissions or something technical beyond me..

I think this year I'm buying a Maryland license so I can get in on that bear lottery, I figure I might have a shot at a biggin' if I get a tag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 366

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    heres a quick video...I believe Im seeing at least 3 maybe 4 different bears. They are hard to tell the difference but Im seeing scars and different things that I know are different bears. I just cant pin down how many as of right now.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    heres a quick video...I believe Im seeing at least 3 maybe 4 different bears. They are hard to tell the difference but Im seeing scars and different things that I know are different bears. I just cant pin down how many as of right now.

Are any of them hitting the bait during shooting hours?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    we had one come in during the last shooting light a few days ago but I decided not to got that evening:mad54::sad20: Last night we stayed in the stand and thought we heard something but they never came in...also we didnt have anything hit the bait so they either got lazy, went into a bread coma or something spooked them.? I dunno...bear hunting is definitely a challenge. Im going to check tomorrow and see what if anything came in. Also it is bear mating season so they may be out and about looking for love..:lol2:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    we had one come in during the last shooting light a few days ago but I decided not to got that evening:mad54::sad20: Last night we stayed in the stand and thought we heard something but they never came in...also we didnt have anything hit the bait so they either got lazy, went into a bread coma or something spooked them.? I dunno...bear hunting is definitely a challenge. Im going to check tomorrow and see what if anything came in. Also it is bear mating season so they may be out and about looking for love..:lol2:

Don't wear your fur coat while checking.:D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Thanks Im thinking with all the greenery and baby fawns coming soon if not already that they arent too interested in my bait right now...this fall when the food is more scarce I think they will come in more regular...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks Im thinking with all the greenery and baby fawns coming soon if not already that they arent too interested in my bait right now...this fall when the food is more scarce I think they will come in more regular...

...when they need to fatten up.:thumbsup:

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    Don't give up hope. For sure, you won't get one if you talk yourself into not sitting on stand.

Maybe you need some bait that has scent that will travel. Perhaps that will pull in some big wandering boar.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Don't give up hope. For sure, you won't get one if you talk yourself into not sitting on stand.

Maybe you need some bait that has scent that will travel. Perhaps that will pull in some big wandering boar.

Listen to MeatGrinder. He knows of what he speaks, and can't kill them from your couch.

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    People talk about baiting for bears like it is a slam dunk. Not hardly! What is hard to tell is whether they don't like your bait, they aren't in the area, or they are onto you hunting them. Are neighbors baiting them too close by? Maybe your bait lacks drawing power. Have you got cameras monitoring the area? Is the bear circling the bait and your stand ahead of time? It would be interesting to monitor downwind with a camera or set up an ambush. Have you thought of a honey burn? Is there bear sign in the broad area around you?

Perseverance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom