• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    Apparently the guy really REALLY wanted a deer, (or whatever else he was hunting, because it sure as h*ll wasn't bear), and kept quiet. In all seriousness though, I would have sh*t bricks.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Wow. I didn't see a weapon maybe he only had a bow? Either way I bet he didn't expect it to come up 2 stories so quickly, you can see his arm shaking when he was filming.

I was charged by one when I was in TN staying at a cabin bordering Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Luckily for me I had a plastic deck chair that was nice and noisy being pushed across the deck and he decided to go the other way, but he was very curious at first.

The house was hanging off the side of the mountain and he had me trapped on the deck my only choice would have been to go over the side, not much unlike that tree stand.... Twas an experience to say the least.

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    whats that smell? i've seen some bears up close in the wild, but thats just alittle to close for me. bear stew for sure.

enjoi1968

Streets Closed Pizza Boy.
    May 10, 2013
    jeqetune.jpg

Minus the snow of course.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    I was talking to a lady who hunts out of Garrett County at the BOW goose hunt this past winter... she had that happen to her sitting in a stand out there. Bear came halfway up the tree and she took her coffee canteen and a knife and banged them together to make a loud noise, at which point it dropped to the ground and ran off. That is hella scary!

Ha ha... just read some of the comments. Lovely. Got some AR bunny huggers on that site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom