Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62 x 39 Complete Upper ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    My opinion is based on first hand knowledge of their quality and customer service. Both garbage.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Are all the negative remarks about BCA first hand experience or just hearsay
    My advice is free. I'm not harmed in any way if observers ignore what I post, and they experience a problem with their BCA.

I have seen many BCA's that had problems because of how poorly they were put together. Rebuild them properly and they often run like a top. AR's are not Legos.

I have seen BCA's with numerous small issues that cause reliability problems, or one serious problem that prevented the gun from running. Sometimes some smithing was the fix, and sometimes parts had to be replaced.

I have seen them blow up and worked on ones that blew up. Some was ammo related, some wasn't.

I would have no problem owning a BCA AR because I have the skill and knowledge to make the gun right, but there's no way I would trust it without a full teardown, rebuild, and replacing some critical parts.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    When I was younger and poorer I bought a BCA complete 7.62x39 AR for $300.

Then I took the remainder of my budget and signed-up for Clandestine's AR Armorer 101 class.

The rifle had only one minor flaw in it's manufacturing, the gas key screws, which we replaced in the class.

I still have the rifle and it still runs great, probably 2K rounds through it over the years.

This is not an endorsement of BCA, just another perspective on weighing your options when you're on a limited budget. I'm glad I bought the rifle because it meant I was able to afford Clandestine's course.
    I remember your AR. The budget rifles can be a good value if you know what to look for. I'm glad yours didn't have serious issues my friend.

Last edited:

Sirex