• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    On the contrary I feel like more of a man when I carry. I know that with it I can provide the ultimate line of defense for my wife whom I think is one of my core duties as a husband to keep her safe.

That said, I just got done with a conversation over the internets about the "Violence Against Women" campaign run by the UN. I entered the argument saying more women would have less violence against them if they were armed. I was quickly called a racist redneck who was more about guns then teaching people to be civil. I tried a couple times trying to explain how 2 rounds of .45 ACP would do a better job of stopping violence then telling a someone about to commit violence to just be nice.

I don't get this line of thinking that we can just teach people to be nice and they will magically stop wanting to hurt others. A women with a gun is empowered as the strongest man, or group of men. Which would you rather want your wife to have: A good argument to persuade niceness or a gun?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I don't get this line of thinking that we can just teach people to be nice and they will magically stop wanting to hurt others. A women with a gun is empowered as the strongest man, or group of men. Which would you rather want your wife to have: A good argument to persuade niceness or a gun?

Reminds me a line from a book by Joseph Wambaugh, "Lines and Shadows" that says something to the effect that people think they can reason with a psychopath just by showing them "how good I can be".

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm sorry , was that a celerbity ?

The now Mrs Biggfoot has been shooting since 8yo .

The Biggfootette will be in the woods hunting 10min after the school bus drops hers off , has has been shooting since +/-4 yo .

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    When my wife and I started living together she said no guns will be in the house. I did what any loving man with a set of balls would do...I got 3 guns.

Odd...just the other day she mentioned moving to VA so we could carry.

That girl in that ad just needs a real man to tell her to go to hell...she will change her tune.

pilgrim

When my wife and I started living together she said no guns will be in the house. I did what any loving man with a set of balls would do...I got 3 guns.

Odd...just the other day she mentioned moving to VA so we could carry.

That girl in that ad just needs a real man to tell her to go to hell...she will change her tune.

Years ago my wife to be mentioned something about a no gun something or other. When she came down home and saw women carried. Well it took a bit, but my wife she prefers have carry her own.

Mr H

Banana'd

Attachments

• BuzzKillington.jpg
      BuzzKillington.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 244

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Mechanical Sargent & Greenleaf 6730. End of story.

But if you MUST go electronic, the LaGard basic with a 3000 series keypad is the way to go.

Safetech will concur on both points.

Absolutely!

But I'm good with an Amsec ESL10 also, for electronic. Although I prefer a mechanical lock on gun safes, for no other reason than reliability.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I still have the same twenty year old combination lock and it still works perfectly. I've only had one repair made to it.

You would almost never see that kind of longevity out of an E-lock! (Lucky if you'd get half that, with any kind of regular use.)

A good mechanical lock, OTOH, if serviced even occasionally, could last 100 years under the right conditions.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    You would almost never see that kind of longevity out of an E-lock! (Lucky if you'd get half that, with any kind of regular use.)

A good mechanical lock, OTOH, if serviced even occasionally, could last 100 years under the right conditions.

Yeah, had some experience with the E-locks. I worked at a range that had one and the stupid thing would always malfunction. And as to my mechanical lock, I probably am in and out of the safe at least once a day. That's at least 7000 openings.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Unless you're the type who'd let your little head rule your big one ... Ditch The Biatch.

If you hooked up with her, the next thing ya know, you'd be campaigning for Hillary and picking up tampons for her on the way home from Pilates ...

OBTW ... That's my sensitive side showing. :rolleyes:

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Unless you're the type who'd let your little head rule your big one ... Ditch The Biatch.

If you hooked up with her, the next thing ya know, you'd be campaigning for Hillary and picking up tampons for her on the way home from Pilates ...

OBTW ... That's my sensitive side showing. :rolleyes:

First time I ever had to pick up "lady things", I stood in the isle until there was no one else there. Then, as soon as the last person left the isle, I quickly reached up and grabbed the box. Just as I did, five more boxes fell onto the floor.

By the time I picked them up and put them back on the shelf, I had a a sizable audience.
    :sad20:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    First time I ever had to pick up "lady things", I stood in the isle until there was no one else there. Then, as soon as the last person left the isle, I quickly reached up and grabbed the box. Just as I did, five more boxes fell onto the floor.

By the time I picked them up and put them back on the shelf, I had a a sizable audience.

Isn't that the way it always goes? Having the checker call for a price check is fun as well. :lol2:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD

I never had a problem picking those up for the wife. I figure she's going to have to pick up my diapers one day when I am crapping myself. It is the least I can do.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Absolutely!

But I'm good with an Amsec ESL10 also, for electronic. Although I prefer a mechanical lock on gun safes, for no other reason than reliability.
    I couldn't in good conscience recommend the ESL 10. The failure rate in my experience, while not nearly as bad as others, is too high for me to be comfortable with.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009

You should have just told them that you were going to clean your shotgun's bore.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    That's right sweetheart...a "real man" let's a piece of a$$ determine his likes, dislikes, values, rights and thoughts. :sad20::rolleyes:

DUH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom