• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Wondering if anyone has used one of these? How does it compare to Magpul, Houge or anything else? Also what size did you get?

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I just threw a mod 1 on my SBR to replace my magpul miad grip, ordered another one last night and will be picking up a couple more BCM grips. They will be going on all my builds/current rifles.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I just threw a mod 1 on my SBR to replace my magpul miad grip, ordered another one last night and will be picking up a couple more BCM grips. They will be going on all my builds/current rifles.

How does the mod 1 compare in size to the moe grip? I have never held a BCM, but I like the theory behind the grip and BCM has good ideas so far. Im thinking this is the grip for my next build, just picked up a BCM 16" lightweight upper today.

I read somewhere the grip angle is similar to a 1911.

sigrug17

Jun 22, 2009
    Gaithersburg
    I have the mod 1 grip from BCM. It is thinner than the MOE from Magpul, the angle of the grip is also different = more angle better I think for CQB type work. The texture is comparible to the magpul grips. I use both Magpul MOE, MIAD without issue. The BCM is a different feel but not enough where it bothers or changes my grip. It feels thinner up where the web of your thumb and index finger are so its a bit ideal for those who have smaller hands.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I have the mod 1 grip from BCM. It is thinner than the MOE from Magpul, the angle of the grip is also different = more angle better I think for CQB type work. The texture is comparible to the magpul grips. I use both Magpul MOE, MIAD without issue. The BCM is a different feel but not enough where it bothers or changes my grip. It feels thinner up where the web of your thumb and index finger are so its a bit ideal for those who have smaller hands.

Ok this is what I needed to find out. Compared to a MOE. So a little thinner or alot?

bdiddle

Dec 21, 2009
    Its a little thinner. I swapped my moe grip to a gunfighter mod 1. Works much better for being squared up on the target.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    also just put one on a rifle, mod 1, and really like it so far (havnt been to range yet with it)

As stated before it has a steeper angle, more inline with the MOE-K, but has a solid grip so feels better in the hand compared to the MOE-K i had. Not sure id want it on a A1/A2 stock or a precision gun, but will probably get another or two for the carbines that i have.

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I was also curious about the BCM grips. I don't have small hands so I think I'll just stick with the MIAD and MOE grips I currently have. FWIW I think the Stark grips have the best overall feel and I would consider those for future projects.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm considering one, I've really become accustomed to my Hogue, but that could change depending on how it feels when shooting squared up.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Hmm Im using the medium strap on my MIAD and the regular MOE feels fine. The rifle this will be going on I may not be right up on the rifle but even with my other rifles, except my 20", I do feel a little pain in my wrist after a while.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I got to feel the gunfighter at Va Arms saturday. This is the grip of choice for the new rifle. Similar to the magpul and i can feel how its a little thinner up top, but i liked it.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I had to relocate my gummy bears to the stock, which actually helped with the weight balance.

I prefer my gummies in the grip.

Attachments

• 187603140697634116_i2juQdhJ_b.jpg
      187603140697634116_i2juQdhJ_b.jpg
      6 KB · Views: 177

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit