• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Im backing out after this post. The Mods have decided NOT to sticky it and several of my info threads, so perhaps they agree with the dissenters.

If people want to fan boy the thread up they can. It will wind up getting nuked likely anyway.

I tried to be as factual and experience based as I can when I do these threads.

And I, for one, truly appreciate your efforts. Please see my post about Auto's and O/U mechanisms. I would truly appreciate your experience.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Im backing out after this post. The Mods have decided NOT to sticky it and several of my info threads, so perhaps they agree with the dissenters.

If people want to fan boy the thread up they can. It will wind up getting nuked likely anyway.

Oh stop it. Don't create drama where there is none. The reality is that we used to use stickies quite often, but as the forum grew we settled on an unwritten policy of only using stickies for administrative and temporary announcement. There may be a few general gun stuff stickies left over, but that is because we just haven't gone through the effort to clean up yet. I hate going to forums where I have to click through a page and a half of stickies before I get to the new content, and that is what I want to avoid on this site. Rather, I've been working on putting together a Shooter's Wiki which will be a repository of all kinds of good info such as what you posted in this thread. I've been at it for a few months now, and the only thing stopping me from getting it live is my lack of time to devote to large efforts such as that.

As far as getting the thread nuked, stay away from wieners and gay stuff and I'm sure it will do just fine.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll root for Team Clandestine, as someone new to the AR platform, his help/wealth of knowledge has been invaluable. That and all the probing jokes are good cheap entertainment.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Yeah, people like you have so much more to offer in technical based threads.
    Didn't say I did. Unlike you, I don't offer my opinion unless I'm asked. You give your opinions and then post a hurt feelings report because it's wasn't stickied in the gun facts hall of fame.

are you a gunsmith? were you ever?
    Never claimed to be. FYI, Chad is not the only person that is knowledgeable about firearms.

:lol2: you know I'm just messing with you. Don't sweat haloboy, you know haters gonna hate
    If you're gonna quote me, at least spell my name right. :rolleyes:
    Nut Swingers gonna swing. ;)

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    While in the Marines I used the 870, 590 and M1014. In addition, Marines assigned to MSG generally use the 870.

Also, I have no real preference between the 870 and 590. I have a 500 at home and use an 870 for work. I have noticed that the finish on the 870, even the gov't/police model, doesn't seem to be as good as the Mossberg.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Oh stop it. Don't create drama where there is none. The reality is that we used to use stickies quite often, but as the forum grew we settled on an unwritten policy of only using stickies for administrative and temporary announcement. There may be a few general gun stuff stickies left over, but that is because we just haven't gone through the effort to clean up yet. I hate going to forums where I have to click through a page and a half of stickies before I get to the new content, and that is what I want to avoid on this site. Rather, I've been working on putting together a Shooter's Wiki which will be a repository of all kinds of good info such as what you posted in this thread. I've been at it for a few months now, and the only thing stopping me from getting it live is my lack of time to devote to large efforts such as that.

As far as getting the thread nuked, stay away from wieners and gay stuff and I'm sure it will do just fine.

Theres no drama Don and im not pissed. Its either stickied or not. Its your house. You decide what art is on the walls.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    This thread came up just in time. I've been debating between the Remmy and the Mossberg and recently had decided to go with the 590A1. Thanks for the confirming post, Clandstine.

Although, I do plan on getting an 870P in the future, with wood furniture. Just a sexy looking shotgun. And then eventually a Benelli M4. That will definitely give me an awesome defensive shotgun trio. I think they're all great guns... it's not that if you get one or the other you're wrong. I don't think that's what Clandestine is saying.

By and large, I've found 99% of Clandestine's posts to be unbiased. He just states his opinions about what is good, and doesn't pay attention to make or model. Of course not everyone is going to agree, but you don't have to get all upset about it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    +1

I didn't get pissy about his 'I detest piston AR's with the fury of a million volcanoes' comment. :D

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    .... I hate going to forums where I have to click through a page and a half of stickies before I get to the new content, and that is what I want to avoid on this site. ......

:thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I hate three and a half pages of stickies, too, but the fact remains that we don't have a very good way of retaining the best posts in places people can see them.

It would be good, I suppose, to have a "best of MDS" section that mods could move certain posts into. Maybe even just the OP, and then lock it for further comments?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I hate three and a half pages of stickies, too, but the fact remains that we don't have a very good way of retaining the best posts in places people can see them.

It would be good, I suppose, to have a "best of MDS" section that mods could move certain posts into. Maybe even just the OP, and then lock it for further comments?

We do, it's called The Obama Bitch thread. Hopefully next year it will become Volunteers for the Lynch Mob once he's fully investigated. :)

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Maybe Rem 870 vs. 590, but the 500 just feels like total crap...IMO, I would relate it to a Hipoint 9mm in the handgun world - I wouldn't use it to protect my life even if paid to..

IMO the rem 870 is perfect for $300...I have no issues with mine, and your finger is the safety - I hate when people bring the safety location into consideration.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    Did you even bother to read the OP? What is your opinion on this really worth? Are you a gunsmith?

Stuff like this makes me wonder why Clandestine even bothers. The OP should be a sticky and thread locked

quiet down. the adults are talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom