• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Bass Pro Shops is not jacking up the prices like everyone else seems to be. I bought 500 rounds of Winchester 115gr. 9mm there last week for $149. I did have to get there an hour before they opened and stand in line but that didn't seem horrible. I don't know anywhere else local or online that you can get a price like that right now. That said, I think it the only game in town if you really need ammo.

This^^I bout some last week Wednesday as well, a 500rd bulk pack of 9mm, they do go quickly and I was told by a salesman that management does not even let them know when shipments arrive in advance anymore. In fact they and Cabela’s has been quite consistent about not jacking up prices and I’ve had luck with both.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, I get it. I just got a good chuckle out of it since it looked like an impromptu solution following the footsteps of what costco does with sanitation products abd toilet paper.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Honestly, if a store's inventory management system worked properly, it would be really nice even if they aren't going to post up to date inventory on their website, at least have a kiosk at the front of the store where you could look up store inventory, or even run a store WiFi that is intranet only with live inventory.

A) Saves employee time by having fewer people ask questions like "oh, do you have?" or "Is there a chance you have more of Y in the back?"

B) Customize by store inventory location so you don't have to be asking employees where things are

C) Sure some people buy something while they are looking for something else, but some people also get real annoyed that they went to a store looking for one thing and they didn't have it...

WandC

Feb 10, 2021
    Was in Elkins, WV the last few days for our annual cabin trip. Beautiful place. Visited several guns/ammo businesses and all of them had plenty of ammo. Still pricey but they had stock nonetheless. The gun selection was quite extravagant.

Gilo

Jan 20, 2019
    $3 per, 12 per case

i heard you were cutting down your mayo

large_9ab74d80-b536-4be9-acff-0933f1fe6b09.jpg

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    With ammo being such a high-demand item right now, Bass Pro could be using it to drive customers into the store for foot traffic.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    We all run in, grab ammo, purchase, run out, change cloths, run in, grab ammo, purchase run out,,,,, we aint buying nothing else!!

Thank God for masks!!!

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I just happened to be there during a random dump at about 1:30PM last week, 223, several brands of 9mm and CCI 22lr was flying off the shelf as fast as the crew could get it off the cart. I made a return trip after a walk around the mall and it was all gone.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    We all run in, grab ammo, purchase, run out, change cloths, run in, grab ammo, purchase run out,,,,, we aint buying nothing else!!

Thank God for masks!!!

:lol:
    I have a few friends who are always scrounging for ammo. I'll have to pass your quick-change tips along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom