• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbwanzer

Feb 4, 2008
    York PA. and loving it
    I just found this forum from a link on RimfireCentral. It will be nice to communicate with local people.
    I see mention of a Bass Pro shop in some of the posts. Where is one around the Baltimore area? I think there used to be one on Rt 40 (east), but don't see it any more. I'm between Perry Hall and BelAir. Want to look at the 17HMRs. I've got a bug up my butt for one of them. I saw a beautifull one at the BelAir gun show on Saturday. I walked away to think about it and when I went back ( less tha 10 minutes later) it was gone.
    Where else would be a good place to find a Savage or Marlin in 17HMR?

Thanks for any help.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I just found this forum from a link on RimfireCentral. It will be nice to communicate with local people.
    I see mention of a Bass Pro shop in some of the posts. Where is one around the Baltimore area? I think there used to be one on Rt 40 (east), but don't see it any more. I'm between Perry Hall and BelAir. Want to look at the 17HMRs. I've got a bug up my butt for one of them. I saw a beautifull one at the BelAir gun show on Saturday. I walked away to think about it and when I went back ( less tha 10 minutes later) it was gone.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the forum!

There is a BPS in Arundel Mills Mall off Rt. 100. Some folks here dont like BPS, mainly because its a big-box store with typical big-box store issues. Ive had mostly all pleasant experiences there. Dont go on Saturdays or during the holidays because its crazy.

eapmai

Oct 29, 2007
    Montgomery Village

Thanks for any help.

Arundel Mall just outside BWI. :party29:

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Welcome! Bass Pro is one of my favorite places in the world:innocent0...well at least when I can get one over on them.

As for the 17HMR. I just bought one and love it. The Savages are on sale. My buddy just got a sweet deal on one there. Although in true Bass Pro style he bought the BSA Sweet 17 Scope and the reticle is almost 45 degrees off. Dan from Gun Connection couldnt believe his eyes when he tried mounting it tonight. If you want to know more about some Bass Pro experiences search the site. Im usually full of wonderful posts about the place. Heres a link to the latest sale there along with some 17 and 10/22 info.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4149&highlight=10/22

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I have a $50 gift car from Bass Pro Shops, can anyone think of something worth buying there right now? .223 maybe?

I hate driving and spending $20 for gas, just to find out there's nothing worth spending money on... :-(

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I have a $50 gift car from Bass Pro Shops, can anyone think of something worth buying there right now? .223 maybe?

I hate driving and spending $20 for gas, just to find out there's nothing worth spending money on... :-(

.223 is like $9.50 per 20 for the cheap stuff.

Have you checked the website?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    .223 is like $9.50 per 20 for the cheap stuff.

Have you checked the website?

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of.

The website doesn't cover 1/100 of what's in their stores. I'll just wait until next time I'm down that way, I guess.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County

If you use the expensive hunting ammo it might be worth the drive.

They're having a 10% off sale on ALL ammo right now.

I think 9mm WWB 100 packs are $17.99.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    40 S&W is $23 a box of 100 and I think you get another 10% off. Dont buy the .223 there, its way to expensive. Carhartt jackets are on sale.

wbwanzer

Feb 4, 2008
    York PA. and loving it
    I went down to Bass Pro yesterday. What a place! Saw the 17HMR Savage 93R or whatever it is, with the thumbhole stock, on sale. If I don't pick up something better at the Timonium show this weekend, I'll probably go back and get that Savage.

Loved that store.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I went down to Bass Pro yesterday. What a place! Saw the 17HMR Savage 93R or whatever it is, with the thumbhole stock, on sale. If I don't pick up something better at the Timonium show this weekend, I'll probably go back and get that Savage.

Loved that store.

The thumbhole looks neat, but hold it first. My buddy bought it and its just not my style. I feels very weird to me.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I don't know about Bass Pro, but Dick's wouldn't let you touch any gun without a lock on it. Heck, they didn't want me to handle even the gun that I just purchased! I told them that there was no way I was leaving with a gun that I hadn't inspected yet, and they finally relented, with a "here, just hurry before a manager comes back".
    I now spend a few buck more and support the local gun shops. Lesson learned.

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom