• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I ordered them on line with free shipping, and they promptly back ordered them and told me they would cancel the BO in 30 days.

I would go buy them at the store, but carrying 20 flats of shells across the parking lot is just not possible for me.

If you just let someone in the store know what you need they will either take them to your vehicle for you, or have you drive around the store to the receiving area and they will load them for you.

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    let us know.. i havent bought regulated firearms from them.. only bought couple long gun and shotgun.

I received the call this morning that the paperwork is back and I can pick up the gun. I guess I'll stop bitching about it because it wasn't really out of line with some other shop even though I would have liked to have tried it out over the weekend. Actually, I have had to wait longer when I bought at gun shows.

Now I need to find some time to stop in and pick it up before the weekend.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I received the call this morning that the paperwork is back and I can pick up the gun. I guess I'll stop bitching about it because it wasn't really out of line with some other shop even though I would have liked to have tried it out over the weekend. Actually, I have had to wait longer when I bought at gun shows.

Now I need to find some time to stop in and pick it up before the weekend.

cool.. congrats!

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    cool.. congrats!

I picked it up yesterday after lunch (I tried to miss the crowds). Everyone was nice. I suppose because of the amount of business they do with guns the process was long. John took care of carefully checking all the paperwork. After that, he had someone else with more authority double check and then after that he took it in the back where I suppose someone else must have checked it because there was another wait. Finally John walked me out of the store and eventually handed me the box.

I suppose all things considered, the price was very good and the wait wasn't that unreasonable. You have to remember they are going to be very sure everything is done correctly so the waiting for all the checks and double checks kills a lot of time. It is sad because they are checking the same paperwork they checked and double checked the day I bought it.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I picked it up yesterday after lunch (I tried to miss the crowds). Everyone was nice. I suppose because of the amount of business they do with guns the process was long. John took care of carefully checking all the paperwork. After that, he had someone else with more authority double check and then after that he took it in the back where I suppose someone else must have checked it because there was another wait. Finally John walked me out of the store and eventually handed me the box.

I suppose all things considered, the price was very good and the wait wasn't that unreasonable. You have to remember they are going to be very sure everything is done correctly so the waiting for all the checks and double checks kills a lot of time. It is sad because they are checking the same paperwork they checked and double checked the day I bought it.

When you bought it it was more of a glance to make sure things were signed, and serial numbers matched.
    You'd be surprised at what can slip when handling that volume of firearms each day.
    When you picked it up there were two much more through checks done to make sure all (I)s are dotted and (T)s are crossed. When dealing with one of the heavily regulated commodities available to the general public I'm sure everyone can understand why.
    Yes it does take time to do it right every time but it beats the hell out of trying to correct something after the fact for all involved.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I picked it up yesterday after lunch (I tried to miss the crowds). Everyone was nice. I suppose because of the amount of business they do with guns the process was long. John took care of carefully checking all the paperwork. After that, he had someone else with more authority double check and then after that he took it in the back where I suppose someone else must have checked it because there was another wait. Finally John walked me out of the store and eventually handed me the box. I suppose all things considered, the price was very good and the wait wasn't that unreasonable. You have to remember they are going to be very sure everything is done correctly so the waiting for all the checks and double checks kills a lot of time. It is sad because they are checking the same paperwork they checked and double checked the day I bought it.

yup.. thats typical.. even on long guns as pop-gunner said. :thumbsup:

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

I have bought one gun at BP. A shotgun. Never again. Took much too long. Over 4 hours and then they had to walk me to my car. Next one was from an IP. Took 20 minutes at most. The difference in price was minimal and not worth the hassle.

My last shotgun was from Bart's. He brought it to Loch Raven. I shot it, and we walked into the clubhouse and filled out the form. Jack called NIC on his cell while I wrote the check, and I then owned the gun. Shot it for another couple of hours and went home with it.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I have bought one gun at BP. A shotgun. Never again. Took much too long. Over 4 hours and then they had to walk me to my car. Next one was from an IP. Took 20 minutes at most. The difference in price was minimal and not worth the hassle.

I bought a shotgun at Bass Pro last week. It was a good experience. I was in and out in about 40 minutes. The longest wait was to get a salesman's attention.

Pop-gunner had pulled the gun and put my name on it. I signed the paper, filled out the PC form, got the NICS check instantly. I paid with some gift cards. Then we had to walk to Customer Service to get the sale voided and my Outdoor Rewards points applied.

Yes, it's a process, but it's their process and, thanks to this site, it's no secret. The price was competitive, especialy with gift cards and reward points.

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    When you bought it it was more of a glance to make sure things were signed, and serial numbers matched.
    You'd be surprised at what can slip when handling that volume of firearms each day.
    When you picked it up there were two much more through checks done to make sure all (I)s are dotted and (T)s are crossed. When dealing with one of the heavily regulated commodities available to the general public I'm sure everyone can understand why.
    Yes it does take time to do it right every time but it beats the hell out of trying to correct something after the fact for all involved.
    :thumbsup:

I can only imagine, with all the distractions of the large store and volume of customers asking "quick questions". Add to that I would suspect there may be even more scrutiny by MSP for a large store like BassPro operating within the boundries of the Maryland.

From the customer's perspective, it is somewaht tedious; however, you guys maintaining a pleasant presence and communicatng what is happen helps the time pass. It's those times when you disappear that seem long. As I said I would not suggest anyone try to pick up on a weekend especially during a sale. In hindsight, I am glad it wasn't ready the Saturday of the Labor Day Sale.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I purchased 2 handguns (Ruger sr9c & Ruger LC9) on Saturday the 25th and as I was finishing up my paperwork I asked the salesman how long I had to be eligible for a price match if I found the guns cheaper somewhere else. The salesman wasn't sure so he asked the department Manager and was told I had until the day I picked up my guns to get a price match. I was also told that the MD State law says that the waiting period is 7 business days.

When I got home I went to Basspro.com and looked up the policy for price match. It says the time in which you can get a price match is 30 days. It also says that they will only match a price of a "brick and mortar" store. Long story short, I found the Ruger LC9 on sale for $299.00 and the Ruger sr9c on sale for $399.00. Both guns were on sale at a "brick and mortar" store.

On Sunday I printed the sale ads, BPS price match policy, and MD Comar regarding the 7 day waiting period and went back to BPS. I asked to speak to the manager about the price match. After waiting 45 minutes he basically told me to go sh*t in my hat. He said he would not honor the sale prices because they were from out of state. I showed him the BPS policy and he still was completely adamant about not honoring the sale price because it was from out of state. I asked him which stores he would honor, and he said he would honor Cabela's or Gander Mountain. My response to him was “both of the stores you will honor are out of state so what the difference is?" At this point I just asked for the store Managers name and when is the next day he will be working?

I went to BPS on Tuesday and spoke with Aaron Frazier about my situation. I brought copies of the sale ads, BPS price match policy, and MD Comar regarding the 7 day waiting period. Once I laid out my issues and showed him BPS policies he was 100% accommodating and gave me both guns for the sale price. IMHO, he is a top notch manager.

*if anyone would like a copy of the sale ads just PM me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom