• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctucker1405

Dec 27, 2010
    Owings Mills, MD
    If you can survive the crazies, bass pro has Remington gun club shells on sale for $4.99/box. I picked up 2 flats myself today. I think that price is good through the 15th.

CT

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    If you can survive the crazies, bass pro has Remington gun club shells on sale for $4.99/box. I picked up 2 flats myself today. I think that price is good through the 15th.

CT

$4.97/box until the 19th.
    12ga, and 20ga #7.5 and #8 shot.
    It's a pretty good deal for cheap target loads.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I was looking at their ad online and they have the Beretta Nano $429) and Ruger LC9 w/laser ($399) on sale. Anyone know if those are a good price?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I was looking at their ad online and they have the Beretta Nano $429) and Ruger LC9 w/laser ($399) on sale. Anyone know if those are a good price?

Yes, those are good prices.

Unless they've changed their policy, you won't be permitted to try out the trigger, or even work the action, of any handgun at Bass Pro.

Combine this with ridiculous parking congestion, more ridiculous crowds, and horrific waiting times at their gun counter... any price savings you might realize, vs. buying from an IP, isn't worth it, in my opinion.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    It's not a bad price.
    Half-Cocked is right about not being able to pull the trigger.
    Parking isn't bad.
    Since the start of the classic there has been a wait but it just started Friday and weekends are usually busy in there. My advice is weekday morning.

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg

I managed to get a Rain Check for the LC9-LM on the 1st night of the sale. They sold last one in stock as I walked up about 7:45pm. It came in last Friday and so I went there to complete the transaction and paperwork. Unfortunately, I was told it couldn't be picked up until 8 working days later. The salesman was a nice enough guy but I think they have creative interpretation of the law. Eight days would be this Saturday. He was saying no Friday would be 5 days and with labor day coming up it may be the following Friday.

Are there any members who happen to work at Bass Pro? Do you think it would help if I happened to show them the pertainent clause in COMAR?

29.03.01.10 Sale or Transfer of Regulated Firearms Without Approval.

A. If a dealer or person does not receive a notification of a hold for an open disposition of a criminal proceeding or disapproval within the 7-day waiting period between submission of the application and a purchase, rental, or transfer, the dealer or person may sell, rent, or transfer the regulated firearm if all applicable provisions of Public Safety Article, Title 5, Subtitle 1, Annotated Code of Maryland, have been complied with. The application to purchase or transfer a regulated firearm form shall be stamped "not disapproved" to show that action was taken by the State Police if a disapproval was not warranted.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/SubtitleSearch.aspx?search=29.03.01.*

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I managed to get a Rain Check for the LC9-LM on the 1st night of the sale. They sold last one in stock as I walked up about 7:45pm. It came in last Friday and so I went there and all paperwork is complete. Unfortunately, I was told it couldn't be picked up until 8 working days later. The salesman was a nice enough guy but I think they have creative interpretation of the law as I have bought and sold and it was always pick it up 8 days after the paperwork was sent to MSP. Eight days would be this Saturday.

Are there any members who happen to work at Bass Pro? Do you think it would help if I happened to show them the pertainent clause in COMAR?

they will just look at you and laugh..

there are couple people that works there. store policy will trump that comar. remember.. you are dealing with big box store... they do things differently than small shops.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I managed to get a Rain Check for the LC9-LM on the 1st night of the sale. They sold last one in stock as I walked up about 7:45pm. It came in last Friday and so I went there to complete the transaction and paperwork. Unfortunately, I was told it couldn't be picked up until 8 working days later. The salesman was a nice enough guy but I think they have creative interpretation of the law. Eight days would be this Saturday. He was saying no Friday would be 5 days and with labor day coming up it may be the following Friday.

I seem to remember someone saying that the trigger guards are a requirement of the mall or insurance. Can't remember.

There is/was a member here who worked at Bass Pro. You can search "Bass Pro" in the forums and find his user name and PM him. He generally will help out members if he knows you're coming".

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    There is/was a member here who worked at Bass Pro. You can search "Bass Pro" in the forums and find his user name and PM him. He generally will help out members if he knows you're coming".

smokey.. but he's back to school now so he may be only working there part time.

believe pop-gunner works there too.

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    they will just look at you and laugh..

there are couple people that works there. store policy will trump that comar. remember.. you are dealing with big box store... they do things differently than small shops.

I wasn't sure how it would go so I sent an email to the Store Manager with my concerns and a link to COMAR. He responded:
    Two MSP criteria must be met before a handgun can be transferred in Maryland: Seven days must pass AND the FFL must receive a "NOT Dis-Approved" notice from MSP.

We'll be happy to notify you as soon as the MSP has responded to your state documents.

We'll see how it goes because unless someone didn't send in the application ot should be back tommorrow and I should be able to pick up on Saturday. I did mention that Bass Pro and their policy is a point of discussion on Maryland Shooters.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I wasn't sure how it would go so I sent an email to the Store Manager with my concerns and a link to COMAR. He responded:

We'll see how it goes because unless someone didn't send in the application ot should be back tommorrow and I should be able to pick up on Saturday. I did mention that Bass Pro and their policy is a point of discussion on Maryland Shooters.

let us know.. i havent bought regulated firearms from them.. only bought couple long gun and shotgun.

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    let us know.. i havent bought regulated firearms from them.. only bought couple long gun and shotgun.

Well it's Monday (Labor Day), I called the store Friday to inquire about the status of the MSP Application for Transfer and was told "If we didn't call you it's not's here. Don't call us we'll call you." I forwarded that to the person in the email (Aaron G. Frazier), who had identified himself as General Manager. I let him know that intend on following their advice and won't be calling BassProp anymore.

It's Monday and Aaron Frazier has not replied to me. Apparantly, customer satisfaction is not high on Mr. Frazier's list of priorities.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX

Told the same thing at freestate. My paperwork is back be he cant give me my sr1911 until the eigth day :banghead:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The key word in the statute is that the dealer "may" transfer if they do not receive notification of a hold from MSP. Probably just a case of CYA for them. Some dealers will wait for the not disapproved for that reason. Gotta love Maryland laws--not!

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay

CT

I ordered them on line with free shipping, and they promptly back ordered them and told me they would cancel the BO in 30 days.

I would go buy them at the store, but carrying 20 flats of shells across the parking lot is just not possible for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom