• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    Confirmed the OP. I stopped in BPS today went to the counter and they confirmed they are releasing @ 11th day, but working through their backlog first, so wait for your phone call :-).

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not a BP thing, and I will be writing more on this later elsewhere, since I know a couple folks have been interested in how my situation has gone...

I now know that there is at least one very large FFL who is more than happy to have folks jump the line. I hope BPS can keep to their promise and keep things flowing equitably.

Flintlocke

Jun 13, 2013
    Bowie
    I'm glad to hear! Now all I need is a call to pickup my new pistol!
    I wish the FFL I have my AR would do the same.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I think the question was, "Will you let them have your business in the future?"

Yes, that is the Question.

How many people will go to a dealer today to buy a handgun, if that dealer will make you wait until an MSP ND arrives?

How many people who have to wait until the MSP return an ND to take their property home, will purchase anything in the future from the dealer that held their property longer then required by law?

If not, have you told that dealer of your plans?

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Yes, that is the Question.

How many people will go to a dealer today to buy a handgun, if that dealer will make you wait until an MSP ND arrives?

How many people who have to wait until the MSP return an ND to take their property home, will purchase anything in the future from the dealer that held their property longer then required by law?

If not, have you told that dealer of your plans?

Previous to all the crap in December I was pretty much loyal to one dealer. He had great selection and the best prices in the area. Then they started raising prices and refused to release on the 8th day. Now I purchase from a dealer right up the street from him that does release on time.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I was at BPS today, almost got a FNX 45 but everyone there that the guy helping me asked was saying a 12 week wait so I walked away....

Did find 3 boxes of 45 zombie ammo though so that's a plus...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    About freaking time. Now, I can feel good about shopping there again. This actually gave me goose bumps for a second. I was battling with myself over ever purchasing there again and kicking myself for buying some 9mm ammo from there a couple weeks ago. Now, I can sleep easy about all the money I spend there.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was at BPS today, almost got a FNX 45 but everyone there that the guy helping me asked was saying a 12 week wait so I walked away....

Did find 3 boxes of 45 zombie ammo though so that's a plus...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

lol - looked at the FNX 45 there about 2 weeks ago. I was on the fence about how large the grip was going to be on a double stack 45 because I have small hands. Ended up working out just fine for me, so now it is on my radar and I will probably buy it the first week of September. Was NOT going to buy it from Bass Pro because of their ND policy, but now I will probably get it there if they still have it in the beginning of September at a decent price.

Any chance you remember how much it was at Bass Pro?

Otherwise, it will be gunbroker.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Not a BP thing, and I will be writing more on this later elsewhere, since I know a couple folks have been interested in how my situation has gone...

I now know that there is at least one very large FFL who is more than happy to have folks jump the line. I hope BPS can keep to their promise and keep things flowing equitably.

Equity all depends on how quickly people answer their phone and can get into the shop to pick up their gun. If somebody does not return a call for a week, or cannot get to the shop for a week, it isn't BPS fault for allowing somebody else with a quicker return call and better availability ahead of the other person.

As long as they progress down the line in an orderly fashion, I am fine with the process. Oh yeah, and as long as if I buy something from them in early September they get it to me in 11 days or at least before October 1, 2013. lol

By the way, what was Smokey's response regarding the change in policy by BPS? It appears he deleted his reply because I do not see it anywhere in this thread. Can somebody PM me the reason since Smokey does not want to make it public? Curiosity is killing the cat.

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    just got the call from Bass Pro today picking my pistol up tomorrow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    lol - looked at the FNX 45 there about 2 weeks ago. I was on the fence about how large the grip was going to be on a double stack 45 because I have small hands. Ended up working out just fine for me, so now it is on my radar and I will probably buy it the first week of September. Was NOT going to buy it from Bass Pro because of their ND policy, but now I will probably get it there if they still have it in the beginning of September at a decent price.

Any chance you remember how much it was at Bass Pro?

Otherwise, it will be gunbroker.

It was 829.99 for the stainless slide version and 799.00 for the all black, no FDE version. I guess I just got a kid that had no clue about the new release policy but he did ask 4 people who all said 12 weeks. The price is a bit high, I was going to get the CC so I get 10% off to make the price better, but 12 weeks is a no go to me. GB you can get it around $675.00.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    just got the call from Bass Pro today picking my pistol up tomorrow!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

lol - I was going to say, "Even if the building you are in has bad cell service, wouldn't they be able to leave you a voice mail on your cell that you would receive once you left the building?"

Glad I don't have to ask that now. lol

Also glad to hear that you are getting your handgun sooner rather than later.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    It was 829.99 for the stainless slide version and 799.00 for the all black, no FDE version. I guess I just got a kid that had no clue about the new release policy but he did ask 4 people who all said 12 weeks. The price is a bit high, I was going to get the CC so I get 10% off to make the price better, but 12 weeks is a no go to me. GB you can get it around $675.00.

Think I have decided to go with a 2011 in lieu of the FNX-45. Already have a P220 in double/single. Granted, only 10 round capacity on it, but I think I can live with it.

Edit to add: Thank you very much for the detailed response, and yes that is rather pricey since the all black FNX-45 is going for $670 on gunbroker. Thing is, you get to deal with a local seller in BPS and no transfer fee.

a1911guy

Jul 24, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I'm pretty excited by this news. I have a COLT LE6940P sitting there.

To make it worse, I office in the mall and I walk by Bass Pro daily. It's rough. If someone doesn't show for their appointment, I'd be happy to take their spot! Can be there at a moments notice :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom