• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I know someone in the market for a full or compact PX-4. I've never been a fan of the M-9, so as a non Beretta fan I'm asking you guys your thoughts.
    Good bad, great, crappy? It's a nice fit in the hand and has pretty good reviews.
    Edit: OK it's BERETTA not BARETTA...sue me.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The full size and compact models are pretty good. Basically imagine the 8000/Cougar with a polymer frame. They're pretty accurate too.

I'm not a fan of the sub-compact... have your friend do his research before he buys.

These are NOT like Glocks or even the Beretta 90-series guns. The barrel locks up via a rotating locking system, and contacts the locking block and slide in several places. Basically the barrel should be a little "wet" to run smoothly. A good lube like Slip2000 or TW25 grease should work well. If they go dry, there's a lot of friction and it can cause issues.

I personally like the D model, without that big decocker/safety lever the pistol handles pretty well.

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    I have to agree with redneck on this one. I've shot his before. The feel of the gun in my hand was great. My accuracy wasnt the best but I never had practice with it prior to shooting it and I may have only put 60-100 rds down range. But when he shot it his groups were great. Maybe have him go rent one somewhere and try it out before commuting to buy it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They stopped carrying them?

They're going to Glock's IIRC.

I have limited trigger time with one, it felt nice, it shot well. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

All depends on your friend's budget and what feels best for them.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    i love mine, great ergos, good capacity, has a rail. 3000 rounds and only 2 failure to feeed and one failure to eject it should be noted i havent cleaned it.. take it for what its worth im tired and dont feel like typing. want more info pm me.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Ive looked into them before...what i found was either people really like theirs, or people hate for various reasons such as a lack of use by leo forces, or stories of people who have had nothing but problems with them...not often to see someone just say "yea, their decent...about as good as anything else"

I cant stand poly framed handguns, so i really dont care for them...however they seem solid and have a loyal following for what thats worth.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    I like the PX4 Storm line. I have a full size 9mm and the subcompact 40. I like them both just because they feel good in my hand ( full size better than the little fatty subcompact). But i also have an m9 and like that as well. Never had a problem with the 9mm other than a couple FTEs only when shooting Blazer Brass. Put em' in your hand and see what you like. I hate how most glocks feel but like most h&k usp and pretty much all sig. You gotta like how it feels to YOU.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Thanks all. The Storm has a good feel to me as well. We looked at M&P, Storm, P226, even glock. XD is out because he already has one. The Storm just feels the best. I personally like the P226 ALOT but the price tag puts it a bit out of range.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    To each their own, if the Storm is what feels best, and is in the happy price range, more power to him. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom