• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Transport into the state regardless of when possessed is illegal on 4-303 (a), 1.

Not exactly. If it was possessed prior to 1 Oct 2013, then it can be brought in, just like those in the state can keep ones possessed if they got them before that date.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Not exactly. If it was possessed prior to 1 Oct 2013, then it can be brought in, just like those in the state can keep ones possessed if they got them before that date.

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Laws/StatuteText?article=gcr&section=4-303&enactments=false

Md. Criminal Law § 4–303(b)(3)
    A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault long gun or a copycat weapon before October 1, 2013, may:

(i) possess and transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon; or

(ii) while carrying a court order requiring the surrender of the assault long gun or copycat weapon, transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon directly to a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station, a State or local law enforcement agency, or a federally licensed firearms dealer, as applicable, if the person has notified a law enforcement unit, barracks, or station that the person is transporting the assault long gun or copycat weapon in accordance with a court order and the assault long gun or copycat weapon is unloaded.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    For a Maryland resident yes- I agree, but for out of state acquisition and non-resident I don’t see a mention? It does specifically bar transport into the state and this has come up with folks moving into MD before…

The law doesn't distinguish between a resident or non-resident at the time of acquiring the now banned firearm.

I've yet to hear about MSP either telling someone who registers one as a new resident that either they need to turn it in for destruction/remove from the state, that they are a criminal, or that they refuse to register it.

You do have to register then in the 77r portal as a "voluntary" registration (that you are required to do by law toot sweet upon becoming a resident).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom