• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Finally got a doe for the freezer. Something isn't right with the crossbow. Initial hit was way off of aim again. The finisher from 10ft away hit several inches left of aim point.
    124711c3ddb311dd4b3a470eb13a7b66.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Congrats!

Good luck getting the bow straightened out. Do not own a crossbow so cannot offer any real advice but make sure mount and rings are tight.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Finally got a doe for the freezer. Something isn't right with the crossbow. Initial hit was way off of aim again. The finisher from 10ft away hit several inches left of aim point.
    124711c3ddb311dd4b3a470eb13a7b66.jpg

Scope mount is loose, reticle got knocked loose (possible on cheap scope), bow is out of tune, just the things that come to mind real quick. Good luck getting it straight.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Are you sighting it with the same broadheads? The bolts may be planing off course.

I had this trouble with CE Pile drivers. Not only are they heavy, but with such a weak spine also. No one in the Crossbow industry likes to talk about spine, as if archery physics suddenly changed with the bow sideways. Stiffer arrows and no problems.

I bent my rail once from a bump, and the scope screws vibrated loose. Both made me miss a deer. Add blue loc-tight on all your scope screws during the of season if you have not done it before. If you shoot it enough, it happens.,

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Scope is as tight as can be. When I re-sighted again on Saturday, I tried with the broad heads. 3 shots were all good. Somethings not right, but I need to get more bolts to figure it out since I've pretty much trashed all of mine this week.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Scope is as tight as can be. When I re-sighted again on Saturday, I tried with the broad heads. 3 shots were all good. Somethings not right, but I need to get more bolts to figure it out since I've pretty much trashed all of mine this week.

Are you using a cocking device or are you cocking the bow using just your fingers?

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Are you using a cocking device or are you cocking the bow using just your fingers?
    I pull the string by hand. I gave thought to it that I might be pulling it at an angle. But it doesn't explain why I can adjust the scope and it seemingly is corrected for a few shots. Im leaning towards there being an issue with the scope.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I pull the string by hand. I gave thought to it that I might be pulling it at an angle. But it doesn't explain why I can adjust the scope and it seemingly is corrected for a few shots. Im leaning towards there being an issue with the scope.

I would invest in one of these first. If that doesn't correct the problem, then I wold look at a new scope. If you have a low power scope lying around, try that before busting out the dollars for a new Xbow scope.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...MIsdSD5cev7gIVk8DACh14Lw_kEAQYAiABEgL62_D_BwE

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Redemption before sunset tonight
    Back to my friends property this evening and hit this doe. Ran 60 yards and dropped hard about 15 yards from the corner of the woods it was headed to.

Had her dressed and headed back up the hill before dusk.

Talked to 2 other hunters walking up from a neighboring field as I was retrieving my plastic sled. PM me if you see this post.

0aae078b539fb85eb516870760c64d52.jpg

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Man I can't believe that I've been paying butchers to do my deer all of these years. The first one I processed this year was a bit of an adventure, but #2 was skinned, quartered and in the cooler in 30 minutes. Way easier than I ever thought.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Man I can't believe that I've been paying butchers to do my deer all of these years. The first one I processed this year was a bit of an adventure, but #2 was skinned, quartered and in the cooler in 30 minutes. Way easier than I ever thought.

I go to a guy in Westminster, my times worth way more than the time and effort he puts in.

Everything cut and trimmed and silver skin removed

Ground weighed and beef fat added

Everything individually vacuum sealed, labeled and dated... then the extras he makes... I won't even try to copy what I get for the money I spend

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Euro came back on my deer. 8-9mos for the shoulder mount on my son's....

Attachments

• 20210121_120416.jpg
      20210121_120416.jpg
      70 KB · Views: 170

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

If you just want ground then going to a butcher is useless but if want summer sausage and honey sticks or a different type of jerky then you’d normally make them they are the way to go.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you just want ground then going to a butcher is useless but if want summer sausage and honey sticks or a different type of jerky then you’d normally make them they are the way to go.
    I make my own snack sticks and summer sausages. I've been doing that a while. It was a natural leap to just do it all myself.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I go to a guy in Westminster, my times worth way more than the time and effort he puts in.

Everything cut and trimmed and silver skin removed

Ground weighed and beef fat added

Everything individually vacuum sealed, labeled and dated... then the extras he makes... I won't even try to copy what I get for the money I spend
    My wife and I just processed the deer in about 45 minutes. I cut and she worked the grinder and vacuum sealer. Worked out really well.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I make my own snack sticks and summer sausages. I've been doing that a while. It was a natural leap to just do it all myself.

Summer sausage i made from deer at Christmas and yesterday's elk snack sticks.
    99f82dd65a2250cf5026f7685b908f8d.jpg
    f563bcc700446ea3fa9d505770b76994.jpg

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Processing deer is an investment. You need a grinder, vacuum sealer, and maybe a stuffer. But three deer later, it's paid off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom