Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Cheers!

Worth it. With my shoulder surgery last year I still can’t do a shotgun comfortably. Recoil on this is less than 556, 300AAC, and 6.5creed

Lighter recoil than 556? That's surprising. I have a 16'' 350 upper that I haven't been able to try out yet, no ammo to be found.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Lighter recoil than 556? That's surprising. I have a 16'' 350 upper that I haven't been able to try out yet, no ammo to be found.

I'm seeing tons of 350 ammo. J2 has some. Or try Zimmerman's archery shop, he had a bunch of boxes a week ago.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville

That is the consensus from several publications (something about increased expansion space in the barrel before the muzzle was the reasoning I read). I think it is a small difference because I can’t really notice any on 556 to be honest. It is notably less than my 65creed (still not a lot because recoil isn’t much on that either).

I have a box of FMJ WWB I’ll donate if your local to the mid shore. Nothing worse than a rifle and nothing to shoot. I roll my own, and with three deer in as many days on this rifle I’m comfortable with my zero. If you’re itching to hunt I can toss in a mag worth of 170gr soft points

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    That is the consensus from several publications (something about increased expansion space in the barrel before the muzzle was the reasoning I read). I think it is a small difference because I can’t really notice any on 556 to be honest. It is notably less than my 65creed (still not a lot because recoil isn’t much on that either).

I have a box of FMJ WWB I’ll donate if your local to the mid shore. Nothing worse than a rifle and nothing to shoot. I roll my own, and with three deer in as many days on this rifle I’m comfortable with my zero. If you’re itching to hunt I can toss in a mag worth of 170gr soft points

I have a box of FMJ WWB I’ll donate if your local to the mid shore. Nothing worse than a rifle and nothing to shoot. I roll my own, and with three deer in as many days on this rifle I’m comfortable with my zero. If you’re itching to hunt I can toss in a mag worth of 170gr soft points[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I am all the way down in SOMD. I am in no great rush, and J2 might have some again.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    350 legend is 8.52ft-lbs on a 7lb rifle for free recoil energy. .223 with a 62gr is 3.9ft-lbs with a 7lb rifle.

Pretty sure it is in your head or ergos that are tricking you in to thinking the recoil is less (it is double). It is less than 6.5CM

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    :needs more dead deer pics...:
    GD deer thread turned into a gun thread...on a gun forum of all places!
    :lol2:

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    :needs more dead deer pics...:
    GD deer thread turned into a gun thread...on a gun forum of all places!
    :lol2:

Forgot to snap a pic, but deer number four, another doe, dead in its tracks on the 350 Legend.

And Lazarus, you are correct on the numbers. I forget where I read the comparison (American Rifleman maybe?), but it stuck with me.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I took a nice doe last night. Could have had two but my hand slipped off of the bolt when I was racking it due to slippery gloves. When I slammed the bolt back it didn’t pick up another round. Guess it didn’t go all the way back like I thought it did.

In the photo she is propped up draining after the field dress.

Happens.

Attachments

• 61CBB508-2A92-4C4C-A590-8DA02D097266.jpeg
      61CBB508-2A92-4C4C-A590-8DA02D097266.jpeg
      76.5 KB · Views: 251

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Forgot to snap a pic, but deer number four, another doe, dead in its tracks on the 350 Legend.

And Lazarus, you are correct on the numbers. I forget where I read the comparison (American Rifleman maybe?), but it stuck with me.

I took a nice doe last night. Could have had two but my hand slipped off of the bolt when I was racking it due to slippery gloves. When I slammed the bolt back it didn’t pick up another round. Guess it didn’t go all the way back like I thought it did.

In the photo she is propped up draining after the field dress.

Happens.

Nice gentlemen. :thumbsup:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    2020 is the year I missed with a bow and this morning I had a bad shot with a ML at 75 yards first light. Not sure what happened and want to take it to range to check it out again. I think it hit its hind quarters as I saw it limping after it ran 120 yards to neighbors yard. I searched 4 of the 6 wooded acres of an adjacent property I got permission. To search and nothing.
    No blood trail either.
    I’m not much of a quitter so went into the stand with the trusty crossbow and took this yearling. Getting all the meat I can till new neighbor moves in.
    It did not run far
    3a78ed022a66a8a556abed204bd41db8.jpg

fd9ad301eabddfff2a08c8ecc7f35338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Another deado. Some of them are showing up with busted horns-half racked already. This guy was pushing does around a food plot in front of one of the youngins last night.

View attachment 300605

Dayum! NICE!

I was supposed to go out this afternoon/evening with a buddy, but he ghosted on me and I didn't want to ground-hunt public alone during gun season.

Sooooooo many deer during the later part of shooting hours were all over the damned place when I was driving to pick up my son and get dinner. I should have gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom