• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Congrats!
    I have passed on a number of these over the past month and I wont' be passing anymore. Next one is getting shot. I am told that deer management is down this year and deer need to be culled more than previous years. I had given up on the smaller ones cause I did not do my own processing. I think I'll just take the next one cause I'm seeing more deer on the back roads going home. Gotta do my part.
    Right there w that one. Been trophy hunting since i whacked a doe in September and those buttons are getting to be almost as big as momma now.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I shot one like that years ago,but it only had 1 inch spikes. I thought it was a nice size doe.I hunt for meat,so no big deal.Glad you didnt use one of your buck tags.

Great point! Get it?? Nevermind. I'll see myself out...
    Pon8Z4G.jpg

Last edited:

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I took a buck on Thursday last week. It’s been a while for me so I am happy with this 8pt. Saw him come out into cut corn about 230 yards behind me. Didn’t respond to the grunt in the first couple of tries. Tried a snort wheeze and a very loud aggressive grunt and he came running. Wasn’t ready, knocked my arrow off the rest and sent it floating to the ground but got things back together and put a decent shot in him. Mostly liver but nicked the heart upon autopsy. Laid down 50 yards from me. Fun hunt.

08dfbad4f65d79f9f496dfeaa3f328dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I took a buck on Thursday last week. It’s been a while for me so I am happy with this 8pt. Saw him come out into cut corn about 230 yards behind me. Didn’t respond to the grunt in the first couple of tries. Tried a snort wheeze and a very loud aggressive grunt and he came running. Wasn’t ready, knocked my arrow off the rest and sent it floating to the ground but got things back together and put a decent shot in him. Mostly liver but nicked the heart upon autopsy. Laid down 50 yards from me. Fun hunt.

Nice harvest! :thumbs up:

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    Somehow they're always around the yard but not when you're actually looking for them!

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013

Nice work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    We're right in the middle of an ice storm event here in my area. I hunt NE Nebraska and I wouldn't want to be out in the woods right now. MY neighbor's tree is shedding a lot of big branches. I woke up to a loud cracking sound! LOL!

There's a lot of dying trees where I hunt that'll be falling down in the next couple of days.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Somehow they're always around the yard but not when you're actually looking for them!

been seeing them plenty with being home between covid and a newborn. Tough letting them grow another year... Was going to take one of the larger does that has a lame leg, but the young buck seems to always be on her, so I want to keep him happy

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Not exactly my kill...
    eRyzsvF.jpg

While I was standing on 234, thinking about what I've done in my life that brought me to this moment deciding if I should not waste this roadkill, a state trooper pulls up. I asked him what he was going to do with it, and he says he was going to move it out of the road. Then the redneck in me asked the obvious question: Can I have it? And his response: Yep. After a brief chat, I deduced that he was a hunter, as well, and so I asked if he minded if I gutted it out right there on the sidewalk. He said no problem, but he just hoped it wasn't damaged too badly.

Z3DrJtd.jpg

Whoever hit this beast certainly ****ed up whatever they were driving. Luckily the organs stayed intact.

So my question to the group is who else would keep a deer hit by a car? As I was standing there before the trooper arrived, someone else in a truck made the same u-turn that I did, so I know I wasn't alone in my decision. And as the good book says, "waste not, want not"? Lol.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Not exactly my kill...
    eRyzsvF.jpg

While I was standing on 234, thinking about what I've done in my life that brought me to this moment deciding if I should not waste this roadkill, a state trooper pulls up. I asked him what he was going to do with it, and he says he was going to move it out of the road. Then the redneck in me asked the obvious question: Can I have it? And his response: Yep. After a brief chat, I deduced that he was a hunter, as well, and so I asked if he minded if I gutted it out right there on the sidewalk. He said no problem, but he just hoped it wasn't damaged too badly.

Z3DrJtd.jpg

Whoever hit this beast certainly ****ed up whatever they were driving. Luckily the organs stayed intact.

So my question to the group is who else would keep a deer hit by a car? As I was standing there before the trooper arrived, someone else in a truck made the same u-turn that I did, so I know I wasn't alone in my decision. And as the good book says, "waste not, want not"? Lol.

I have taken home a lotta road kill, as long as it wasn’t already hamburger from the accident

I used to be on the list for the cops to call to come and see if I wanted roadkilled deer when they got a call but I don’t think they do that anymore

If it’s not bruised really bad it’s fine

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Shot a big doe today(foot in picture:D).

Attachments

• 20201113_104958.jpg
      20201113_104958.jpg
      210.8 KB · Views: 259

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Congrats everybody lots of deer showing up in this thread lately. I'm excited for youth weekend I've stayed out of the woods for a few weeks now so my son can get a good crack at one tomorrow evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom