• ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Got this guy at 320 yards
    4d99b62628819cf7cd562fe0d0b7b313.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Clever of you to shoot him while he was busy licking that blood off the ground like that.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I saw that.
    He just made it to be a legal deer.
    Dont they have to have three or more points on one side or something like that these days.
    Or is it two?
    Yes three on one side - buuuutt..... you can only shoot one deer less than that (spike, 2+1 three point, etc...), then the rest of your 4 total allowed for the entire year must comply with the antler restrictions.

One buck with each weapon (only one of these three can be less than the restricted size), plus one bonus buck period (for whole season - NOT per weapon).

But these are Maryland rules and he was hunting in York, PA.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Yes three on one side - buuuutt..... you can only shoot one deer less than that (spike, 2+1 three point, etc...), then the rest of your 4 total allowed for the entire year must comply with the antler restrictions.

One buck with each weapon (only one of these three can be less than the restricted size), plus one bonus buck period (for whole season - NOT per weapon).

Thanks
    When I hunted PA in the past, when antler restrictions started it was three on one side and one buck per year regardless of method.

I think Flintlock hunters could kill a doe without applying to the county treasurers/PGC but they're might of been some other caveat I cant recall.
    Maybe it was only certain areas but things may have changed by now.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

One buck with each weapon (only one of these three can be less than the restricted size), plus one bonus buck period (for whole season -
    NOT per weapon).

It's two antlered deer total across all weapon seasons and a third with a bonus buck stamp (for Zone B).

1701607550782.png

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Congratulations to you guys who got one.
    Out in the woods yesterday at 5:50am or so.
    We were in the clouds. Dripping so hard you thought it was rain.
    So thick you could only see 15 yards or so.
    Finally cleared up about 9.
    I felt like Sgt. Shultz. Damn.
    This morning I take the dogs out and a
    Herd of 10 or so running up from my driveway!
    Bow season is back in for us.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Actually it’s 4 antlered deer in region B based on where you hunt.
    If you look further into the regs, a person could take an antlered sika.
    :thumbsup: Good point. My post was more an attempt to save folks the the resulting headache and DNR contact that would happen upon checking in a fourth WT buck (or 3rd for exclusive Zone A folks). I get that Sika bag limits are separate from WT limits.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    :thumbsup: Good point. My post was more an attempt to save folks the the resulting headache and DNR contact that would happen upon checking in a fourth WT buck (or 3rd for exclusive Zone A folks). I get that Sika bag limits are separate from WT limits.
    Back when you could take four WT bucks in region B, I was only able to shoot the slam twice in my years hunting.

Remember when Md had 4 regions with separate bag limits? That was crazy!

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Back when you could take four WT bucks in region B, I was only able to shoot the slam twice in my years hunting.

Remember when Md had 4 regions with separate bag limits? That was crazy!
    The 4 region days were nuts for sure. Especially because the geography of the zones made zero sense.

Hunted a management lottery hunt at Chapman’s Forest near Indianhead in Charles County on the first Wednesday of shotgun season. I shot 3 deer in about 45 minutes of hunting, and still had 6 or 7 milling around beneath my stand. Even though it was a “management” hunt, the harvest counted against the bag limit, which for Zone-D was 4 total. I had 3 down and very easily could’ve taken 1 more. Howver, I had a Blackwater permit for that Friday (also Zone-D) and had to save a whitetail tag just in case. Having Dorchester and Charles County on the same deer management zone made no sense.

I also had to spend about 30 minutes convincing the DNR officer in the parking lot that I was legally allowed to take 3 deer. He didn’t even understand the 4 zones and bag limit thing. I’m glad they scrapped that practice years ago.

Last edited:

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Took this Saturday morning
    300bo at 35 yards

Attachments

• IMG_8645.jpeg
      IMG_8645.jpeg
      840.7 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts