• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Congrats to all. I love following this thread. Opening day in SW Frederick County seemed quieter than usual to me. Not a lot of shots heard. I got a medium sized doe at about 0800, #2 son got a nice six pointer with about four minutes of light left. A great opening day for the CF clan.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    This was the third buck to pass me this morning in Harford County. Someone recently laid a broadhead across his back.
    I watched a forkhorn chase a doe around for a bit, then stop and make a scrape about 60 yards from me.
    IMG_2367.jpeg

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    This was the third buck to pass me this morning in Harford County. Someone recently laid a broadhead across his back.
    I watched a forkhorn chase a doe around for a bit, then stop and make a scrape about 60 yards from me. View attachment 442103
    Congrats
    I’ve gotten a couple deer with bad shot scars and even a broadhead buried in a non vital spot.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I watched a forkhorn chase a doe around for a bit, then stop and make a scrape about 60 yards from me. View attachment 442103
    Nice ! Congrats!
    I have to admit, I've done that to at least two deer. One was a moose of a deer.
    I shot low on a doe with compound, just hit the skin below the brisket, and shot high on a doe with 270

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Congrats to everybody!
    I hunted the Patuxent park yesterday morning, shot and retrieved a medium size unicorn(!) buck. There were a lot of shots heard, more than usual.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I usually lop them off during field dressing.

...oh, never mind.
    I know a group of.guys that refuse to cut it off...they leave it on the buck after gutting. I appreciate the sentiment, but damn it makes gutting them harder (no pun intended)

Congrats to all the Victors! Some good bucks here.

SE FredCo was unusually quite opening day as well. Didn't even hear a shot that evening

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I know a group of.guys that refuse to cut it off...they leave it on the buck after gutting. I appreciate the sentiment, but damn it makes gutting them harder (no pun intended)

Congrats to all the Victors! Some good bucks here.

SE FredCo was unusually quite opening day as well. Didn't even hear a shot that evening
    Md bear hunting regs require the same thing. It's fairly easy to leave the 'dangle' on, but leaving the va-jay-jay intact is a little more... involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom