• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    You're like I used to be, lose one spot and gain one or two more. I call it the 'Seinfeld effect'. I think my luck is running low though... :D
    Yeah I rode the even Steven bus for a while. I’d give up a place then another would come up. But now I’ve been without a good place to hunt for a few years. Always looking though.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I haven't been able to find a good spot in Maryland either. And now my buddy in WVa keeps inviting more and more people. I think I've got my wife on board with buying property, and we've been saving, so the next five years I'll be scouting the realtor listings.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I haven't been able to find a good spot in Maryland either. And now my buddy in WVa keeps inviting more and more people. I think I've got my wife on board with buying property, and we've been saving, so the next five years I'll be scouting the realtor listings.
    We all need to get together and lease a place, although, I'm trying to exit this shittshow of a state.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    We all need to get together and lease a place, although, I'm trying to exit this shittshow of a state.
    If you end up sticking around and want to lease a place, let me know. I can't commit to crap till my divorce is finalized, but hopefully that is by sometime in the spring.

I am stuck for at least 7 more years. And likely 17 more till I can retire. Supposing my wife doesn't take half of the pension I've earned so far. If she does, probably more like 20-23 years.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Thursday morning
    20231019_122341.jpg

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    The one Friday evening you can see a dark spot high just in front of her rear leg. That's the bullet. It entered infront of the front leg on the opposite side, so a good 30"+ of penetration.
    20231020_165936.jpg

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Your TC Omega does not disappoint. Good harvesting!

Question: Does your ramrod like to slide out after recoil?

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I swear the deer have a hold of my Outlook calendar. Last week, Tues to Thursday they were out in force. Bucks all over. Take of Friday and hunt the weekend, hardly see anything. Like clockwork, last night the cameras started lighting up again.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Your TC Omega does not disappoint. Good harvesting!

Question: Does your ramrod like to slide out after recoil?
    I've had that issue with multiple muzzleloaders. It's been a good number of years since I fixed this one. I recall one gun I tweaked the retainer spring so it would put a little more pressure on the rod. I think this one I had issues with one of the hoops under the barrel had come loose. When I tightened it, I put a slight cant on the loop so it would put more tension on the rod. If that doesn't make sense, I can take a picture of it for you.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I've had that issue with multiple muzzleloaders. It's been a good number of years since I fixed this one. I recall one gun I tweaked the retainer spring so it would put a little more pressure on the rod. I think this one I had issues with one of the hoops under the barrel had come loose. When I tightened it, I put a slight cant on the loop so it would put more tension on the rod. If that doesn't make sense, I can take a picture of it for you.
    No, I understand perfectly. I’ll look at my Omega and see if I can make that tweak to one of the rod holding hoops.

Normally, I check it after firing. Years ago though; I was in my climber and took a deer. After the shot, I watched my cleaning rod slide out and stick into the ground like an arrow below me…. :(

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No, I understand perfectly. I’ll look at my Omega and see if I can make that tweak to one of the rod holding hoops.

Normally, I check it after firing. Years ago though; I was in my climber and took a deer. After the shot, I watched my cleaning rod slide out and stick into the ground like an arrow below me…. :(
    Oh dang! My CVA wolf likes to play the game with its cleaning rod "just the tip" every time it is fired. But it only slides out like 2-3", not chucks it.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    This one was last Sunday night.
    Method was bow and arrow here in the county.
    Chasing nudging some does around already in a transition area with some late beans nearby.
    Half a typical maybe? IDk.
    Must have got busted in the nugget at one time or another to wind up with
    nasty headgear as such. Was liable to poke his own eye out or get stuck to a tree somewhere and just
    die off.

Attachments

• MR1.jpg
      MR1.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 79
    • MR2.jpg
      MR2.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 86

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This one was last Sunday night.
    Method was bow and arrow here in the county.
    Chasing nudging some does around already in a transition area with some late beans nearby.
    Half a typical maybe? IDk.
    Must have got busted in the nugget at one time or another to wind up with
    nasty headgear as such. Was liable to poke his own eye out or get stuck to a tree somewhere and just
    die off.
    Congratulations.
    Looks like he suffered a damaged peticle, then later, a broadhead. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom