• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    In ND hunting, this is what happened when left my deer overnight. Thought I put good shot on him, slightly quartering away. Guide / farmer thought I gut shot him based on some “gutty” looking stuff on arrow. After shot he ran behind me in box blind so only saw him tuck tail and run. Was assured it was ok to leave him as below freezing and get him in the morning as he thought he was gut shot. This is what I was greeted with this am. Only 70 yards behind the stand was hunting.

Yotes opposite of his assurances had a good meal.

Attachments

• 374C3968-3D7E-425A-A11A-2D2F27A1576C.jpg
      374C3968-3D7E-425A-A11A-2D2F27A1576C.jpg
      220 KB · Views: 242
    Last edited:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    In ND hunting, this is what happened when left my deer overnight. Thought I put good shot on him, slightly quartering away. Guide / farmer thought I gut shot him based on some “gutty” looking stuff on arrow. After shot he ran behind me in box blind so only saw him tuck tail and run. Was assured it was ok to leave him as below freezing and get him in the morning as he thought he was gut shot. This is what I was greeted with this am. Only 70 yards behind the stand was hunting.

That didn't turn out too well....

Sorry that happened.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016

That's pretty amazing. I would still keep the rack. Maybe the whole head.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Started my deer season today. I had little luck....

Attachments

• 2021 deer.jpg
      2021 deer.jpg
      159.9 KB · Views: 200

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Started my deer season today. I had little luck....

If you need help clearing out the smaller ones like that so you have an easier time seeing the big boys you always know where to find me :-)

Congrats on a “small” opener

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks fellas!

Not my best shot. I was a bit afraid to stop him(@ 18 yards) so I shot as he approached. The magic shot-quartering to, below the back straps, exiting in front of the opposite rear leg. About the only thing my arrow hit was his main artery and a couple ribs. The Swhacker did its job, as usual.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Thanks fellas!

Not my best shot. I was a bit afraid to stop him(@ 18 yards) so I shot as he approached. The magic shot-quartering to, below the back straps, exiting in front of the opposite rear leg. About the only thing my arrow hit was his main artery and a couple ribs. The Swhacker did its job, as usual.

Nice deer. Got any pics of him straight-on?

I passed up a young 8 (and two GIANT does) yesterday. I gotta be careful about leaving deer hang outside overnight now, because this was in the back yard the other day:

Attachments

• WGI_0040.jpg
      WGI_0040.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 210

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Thought I was screwed when the wind took out my tower stand last week; decided to take Teratos suggestion in this thread last year and hunt sitting against a tree. Between lucky and good, I’ll choose lucky!

Attachments

• 0095BE28-6714-4F40-8C44-537557BF344E.jpg
      0095BE28-6714-4F40-8C44-537557BF344E.jpg
      216.3 KB · Views: 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads