• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    From the MD Hunting Coalition:

CALL TO ACTION! URGENT!
    Baltimore County Delegation Meeting - Friday, January 30, 2015

Fellow Hunters, if you are registered to vote and live (and/or hunt) in Baltimore County the Maryland Hunting Coalition urges you to email the Baltimore County Delegation to SUPPORT HB18 that would establish Sunday Hunting in Baltimore County sponsored by Delegate John Cluster.

The Baltimore County Delegation needs to hear from the hunting community and those that support our heritage and lifestyle. A sample email is printed below for you to cut and paste. The list of email addresses of the Baltimore County Delegation is below. You should be able to highlight, copy and paste the entire list on your "TO" line when you send the email.

More info and list of email addresses ----> http://www.mdhuntingcoalition.org/MHC_Action.html

If you get a response - post it here.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks for the addresses. I'll send them emails with my thoughts. I'm not in favor of Sunday hunting. It's the one day a week when others on ajacent properties feel most comfortable using the resource.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks for the addresses. I'll send them emails with my thoughts. I'm not in favor of Sunday hunting. It's the one day a week when others on ajacent properties feel most comfortable using the resource.

Adjacent to what property and what resource are you referring to?

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD

I would never discourage you from contacting your elected officials.

However, I do question your position. Why do you feel it is ok to dictate what other people do on their property?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'll ask for my reps support!
    I posted about this bill in the 2015 GA thread too -- thanks for this thread!

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I would never discourage you from contacting your elected officials.

However, I do question your position. Why do you feel it is ok to dictate what other people do on their property?

It depends on what it is other people are doing on their property. I'm not dictating anything. I am voicing an opinion as a person directly affected by the proposed change. I live here. I own property here. It's not an abstract for me. I'm not coming up from Woodlawn or Essex to hunt a friends property on a Sunday and going home.

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    It depends on what it is other people are doing on their property. I'm not dictating anything. I am voicing an opinion as a person directly affected by the proposed change. I live here. I own property here. It's not an abstract for me. I'm not coming up from Woodlawn or Essex to hunt a friends property on a Sunday and going home.

I don't follow.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I don't follow.

I live here. Sunday hunting affects me and the things I do as a part of daily life. I would hope the person who represents me votes no on the subject of Sunday hunting in Baltimore county. It's not a property rights question. As a property owner I do not own all the wild animals on my land. Is your answer in there somewhere ?

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    I live here. Sunday hunting affects me and the things I do as a part of daily life. I would hope the person who represents me votes no on the subject of Sunday hunting in Baltimore county. It's not a property rights question. As a property owner I do not own all the wild animals on my land. Is your answer in there somewhere ?

Wait a second...

What are you saying?

What are the actual, specific, impacts of Sunday hunting on your life?

So far you haven't given any specific examples.

Are you telling us you like to trespass on Sundays?

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    I'm hearing that the equestrian crowd is trying to beat this bill. If you want Sunday Hunting in Baltimore County please contact these legislators. You may think that your voice won't matter, but when combined with others your solo voice becomes part of the choir. The loudest Choir wins...

DO NOT DELAY.

The one flaw in the ANTI-Sunday Hunting argument is that they want to dictate the law about Sunday hunting on land they do not own or control.

Quite simply - the decision of whether to allow Sunday Hunting on private land should be up to individual property owners. Not horse people... not the neighbor... the actual landowner should decide.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Wait a second...

What are you saying?

What are the actual, specific, impacts of Sunday hunting on your life?

So far you haven't given any specific examples.

Are you telling us you like to trespass on Sundays?

No I don't tresspass. I do give hunters their space though. I do it as common courtesy and for safety reasons. I hike the trails around my house. All the kids use the farms, fields, and woods in our area as one big playground. It has happened dozens of times where one of us has been out and seen hunters where I know they don't have permission to be. If you want to ride up I can take you to a stand that is right on the line facing the field of a lady who only permits one person to hunt. And it's not his stand. If every hunter was a saint there would be no real issue. But in reality, that's not how it is. I don't go where they may be. Sunday is a day there is less to have to be aware of. Others enjoy being outside too, hunters should not have a monopoly.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    Email sent in support of Sunday hunting in Baltimore County. 2 minutes later I received a response from Delegate Robin Grammer Jr. in favor of the bill...

Crow Bait

Feb 9, 2013
    Hollywood, MD
    No I don't tresspass. I do give hunters their space though. I do it as common courtesy and for safety reasons. I hike the trails around my house. All the kids use the farms, fields, and woods in our area as one big playground. It has happened dozens of times where one of us has been out and seen hunters where I know they don't have permission to be. If you want to ride up I can take you to a stand that is right on the line facing the field of a lady who only permits one person to hunt. And it's not his stand. If every hunter was a saint there would be no real issue. But in reality, that's not how it is. I don't go where they may be. Sunday is a day there is less to have to be aware of. Others enjoy being outside too, hunters should not have a monopoly.

Rob,

You sound like a considerate and thoughtful guy.

I would offer a couple of suggestions:

1) Giving hunters their space should not impact life on your own property. If you are afraid to be on your property,when there are hunters on another property, that is your issue. The hunter probably has no idea you are afraid, and would probably take measures to mitigate your fear if he/she knew.

2) Hiking on the trails around your house should be no problem whether there are hunters or not. Safety zones exist to protect the non-hunting public, but even in areas where hunters and non-hunters utilize the same spaces (public lands) there are very few conflicts, accidents, or injuries. In fact, I can't think of a single one accident/injury that involved a hunter and a non-hunter on public land.

3) If you encounter hunters on land where they do not have permission, you have a duty to report them, at minimum, to the property owner, or to the police/NRP. NRP can take a report anonymously. If these encounters happen "Dozens" of times, it shouldn't be hard to catch them in the act. Add this number to your cell phone contact list!
    1-800-635-6124http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/poacher.asp

4) If you have found a stand on posted property, and it does not belong to someone who has permission to place it there... The landowner should take it down. Again, you have a duty to report it to the landowner at a minimum.

5) Kids roaming around on property sounds great. I remember being a kid. But it also sounds like trespassing. My experience is that people don't frequent the outdoors as much during the hunting season because it is cold. for this reason there are fewer interactions between hunters and non-hunters than might be expected. So long as people are not roaming on property they don't have permission to be, it should be no problem.

6)I agree that not every hunter is a saint, but they are one of the most heavily regulated group of citizens in the state. Don't forget that a Hunter's safety course is required for nearly all hunters (except the geezers).

7) If you don't want Sunday hunting near your house, it sounds like you could talk to the owner of the neighboring farm and ask them not to allow hunting on Sundays. But why prohibit it in the whole county??

I challenge you to consider things from a Hunter's perspective.

I also challenge you to rethink statements like this: "Sunday is a day there is less to have to be aware of. Others enjoy being outside too, hunters should not have a monopoly."

Hunters do not want a monopoly, nor do they want you to be afraid! But they do want the Freedom to decided when to hunt. Plenty of laws and regulations exist to keep non-hunters safe, and those laws will still be in effect on Sundays. Aside from those who wish to trespass on Sundays - there should be no reason for concern.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Monopoly! Seriously?

Deer hunters get 3.5 months a year to hunt. The rest of you nature loving trail walkers get 8.5 months a year to do what ever you want.

Care to rethink that whole monopoly thing.

Neither you nor the state has any right dictating what a person can and can't do on their own land. Or what time they do it. If a person wants to sit in a tree and spank their monkey while whistling the Battle Hymn of the Republic, it's their choice.

I can't stand you people. Many of you try to screw with hunters on the days when we are allowed to hunt LEGALLY.

Beating on trash can lids at dawn and dusk. Driving four wheelers around at dawn and dusk. Firing dozens of shots at dawn and dusk. Driving up and down roads blowing horns at dawn and dusk. Running chainsaws at dawn and dusk.

Ya'll think you're clever, but we still kill the snot out of your precious Bambis.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Monopoly! Seriously?

Deer hunters get 3.5 months a year to hunt. The rest of you nature loving trail walkers get 8.5 months a year to do what ever you want.

Care to rethink that whole monopoly thing.

Neither you nor the state has any right dictating what a person can and can't do on their own land. Or what time they do it. If a person wants to sit in a tree and spank their monkey while whistling the Battle Hymn of the Republic, it's their choice.

I can't stand you people. Many of you try to screw with hunters on the days when we are allowed to hunt LEGALLY.

Beating on trash can lids at dawn and dusk. Driving four wheelers around at dawn and dusk. Firing dozens of shots at dawn and dusk. Driving up and down roads blowing horns at dawn and dusk. Running chainsaws at dawn and dusk.

Ya'll think you're clever, but we still kill the snot out of your precious Bambis.

I've never been a very good whistler. But people hunt around here all year round, it seems. Season must never close on some things, or something is always in season.

That other stuff, I'm not that. Kill them, I'll take some honey sticks and jerky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom