• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mofiki

Dec 16, 2012
    Unfortunately past drug use auto disqualifies me; I tired when I separated from the af

DieHard4192

Jan 16, 2013
    Charles County
    Baltimore Police is pretty much always hiring. They lose a lot of officer who laterally transfer to other departments after getting training and some street time with BPD.

Nugunnut

Sep 23, 2011
    A friend of mine applied and he said that cause he was prior military he only had to do a few months on the street then he could transfer or go detective.. Does that sound right? or was he blowing smoke?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A friend of mine applied and he said that cause he was prior military he only had to do a few months on the street then he could transfer or go detective.. Does that sound right? or was he blowing smoke?

Why would prior military qualify him to become a detective without having experience in the dept? Sounds like smoke to me.

Nugunnut

Sep 23, 2011
    Why would prior military qualify him to become a detective without having experience in the dept? Sounds like smoke to me.

From what he said most newbies have to wait 2 yrs before they can transfer or apply for being a detective. But prior service only has to wait 6 months.. I would assume that if your an MP or have FLETC under your belt with time in service its the same as time on the street.. Well they count it that way, i wouldn't get into a debate about the danger level of a stateside MP and a street Balto City Cop!!

TigerWoody

Master Baiter
    Oct 23, 2011
    Baltimore
    Myself and some others here made it to specialized units with only 10months in patrol. Past and prior exp. in the military or LE will not solely help you in determining making detective or operations when applying. It is more your work in streets making cases and arrests that will determine your promotion potential.....Which can come from prior experience for some or none from others...its more the individual work ethics of that individual officer, I have seen the best cops in the city come from no prior experience whatsoever and some of the worst cops are decorated military or prior police. Just my .02 cents.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Myself and some others here made it to specialized units with only 10months in patrol. Past and prior exp. in the military or LE will not solely help you in determining making detective or operations when applying. It is more your work in streets making cases and arrests that will determine your promotion potential.....Which can come from prior experience for some or none from others...its more the individual work ethics of that individual officer, I have seen the best cops in the city come from no prior experience whatsoever and some of the worst cops are decorated military or prior police. Just my .02 cents.

When I started... You did not EVEN think about any movement from a patrol car or foot patrol with less than five years on. Then by the time I retired, there were guys with under two years who were in Specialized Units...

My first ten years were in the good old Western District... Go 7 :party29: What a training ground THAT was back then. :thumbsup:

Life is a lot quieter now... :cool:

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I have a question. I applied last year and the polygraph flagged me even though i was totally honest i was told that thing is a joke and only 60% accurate however that is how they hire. Can i reapply?

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I asked the big guy down town but he would not give me an answer. I want to try again i do not get why i was flagged. I did not lie about anything i was totally honest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom