• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What’s a demilled AT4 worth? Would be cool to have but I’m not sure I’d pay anywhere near $500 for one

That isn't demilled

demilled is supposed to have a blue band, and lots of holes drilled into it.

My money is on a knock off.

If it's a real tube, somebody is going to get a knock on the door from CID.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    That isn't demilled

demilled is supposed to have a blue band, and lots of holes drilled into it.

My money is on a knock off.

If it's a real tube, somebody is going to get a knock on the door from CID.

It "looked" real. In the old days spent non-demils ran $75 at fun shows. It was harder to find demils with the blue paint. Sunny Surplus on Harford Rd sold some also. Hell, I gave away a Dragon an AT4 (both spent) to a Scout Troop in 91'.

Collectors are paying $500+ for spent AT4's.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I made $600 off of 3 home made pieces of crap that I had about $30 in materials invested. The Public Affairs person took several photos of my ‘ghost guns’... 2 were single shot, but the super smart ‘Armorer’ determined they were semiautomatic.

On another note, while I was there, I saw a super rusty M-1 carbine, a mint condition Yugo SKS, and a mint condition Arisaka. The lady with the M-1 Carbine dropped off several rifles, and walked out without taking any money.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    I made $600 off of 3 home made pieces of crap that I had about $30 in materials invested. The Public Affairs person took several photos of my ‘ghost guns’... 2 were single shot, but the super smart ‘Armorer’ determined they were semiautomatic.

On another note, while I was there, I saw a super rusty M-1 carbine, a mint condition Yugo SKS, and a mint condition Arisaka. The lady with the M-1 Carbine dropped off several rifles, and walked out without taking any money.

Pics of the "ghost guns" or it didn't happen :D

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017

Pics of the "ghost guns" or it didn't happen :D

2nd this :D.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Arisakas are weapons of war! :rolleyes:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Made an easy $300. Pre-1899 top-break with sketchy (at best) cylinder timing, and a useless semi that you can't find ammo for. (Checked to make sure it wasn't notable/valuable prior.)

Fvck it, if they're giving cash - I'm giving useless junk. I know of a few people that made out well and didn't give anything that worked, or had value or significance.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Wednesday, I turned $400 worth of mags and trash pawn shop rifles into $700. Friday I turned $260 of trash pawn shop rifles into $500.

Not a bad haul! Thanks Baltimore!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I don't blame you guys a bit for the profit-making. The profit motive is the basis of our capitalist system. What I do resent is not you guys but the morons who conducted this "feel-good" program that accomplishes nothing that it advertises and gives the same morons an opportunity to crow about what they've done to reduce crime "for the children".

If I lived close to B-More I would have done a bit of profit taking at the same time, standing in line with the rest of you. A local gun store usually has some scrap and unrepairable guns they occasionally sell to customers just for the parts.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I don't blame you guys a bit for the profit-making. The profit motive is the basis of our capitalist system. What I do resent is not you guys but the morons who conducted this "feel-good" program that accomplishes nothing that it advertises and gives the same morons an opportunity to crow about what they've done to reduce crime "for the children".

If I lived close to B-More I would have done a bit of profit taking at the same time, standing in line with the rest of you. A local gun store usually has some scrap and unrepairable guns they occasionally sell to customers just for the parts.

I understand what you're saying. What a lot of people here have said.
    But they're going to make it sound like a huge success regardless of what I or we on MDS do. There were plenty of clueless sheep there "doing their part". Might as well make a few hundred bucks off them at the same time.

I admit the rocket launcher guy didn't help our cause by any means. But it is what it is.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    But they're going to make it sound like a huge success regardless of what I or we on MDS do. There were plenty of clueless sheep there "doing their part". Might as well make a few hundred bucks off them at the same time.

I admit the rocket launcher guy didn't help our cause by any means. But it is what it is.

The powers that be simply cannot be seen as conducting this charade and failure these programs have always been proven to be...and rarely will the lame stream media expose them. It will be spun as a success and maybe even spawn more such events...or not. If we see no further repeats of it we'll know they realize it was a failure and a lot of money was wasted. Too bad a serious investigative reporter is not likely to look into this fraud and write an honest story on it...and that's if the reporter's employer...whether print or television...would run it.

Mr H

Banana'd

Someone who went and cashed in (preferably from outside the city) needs to pen an Op-Ed detailing how the city got had, paying out all that cash for complete junk, and the economics of the magazines.

But, since it was likely not tax money (Bloombat??), I doubt they'll care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom