Baddies Booted in Colorado Recall Election!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Can we have a recall provision here now? Please and thank you. :)

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    That's Great News! It is disturbing how close it was though with roughly 300 votes deciding one of the recalls. Still a win is a win:party29:

The news said one of the two was in a mostly blue area. It seems clear to me which one. I expected one, I am thrilled to see two.

Dems better wake up. Mess with our constitutionally protected, God given rights, get an early retirement. Cya sport. :party29:

Last edited:

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    The two fellows who started the recall were on BlazeTV. They said that if the recall was successful, the 'Rats would still have a one vote margin. I don't think they can repeal those laws this session. As an aside, I think they said the Bloomies spend more than $3 million on the recall, and outspent the good guys by more than 6 to 1. So this is a big deal.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Considering Bloomberg wrote a personal check that nearly equaled the NRAs total contribution to the recalls, I'd consider this a huge win.

I also read that the Dems were out in full force rounding up voters to support the recalled members. I can't wait to see the spin cycle the MSM puts on this, but at least we'll get two seconds of press for it.

Way to go Colorado!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Fluffington post has a hilarious article about. They say there was voter intimidation, and stalking and the NRA wants to give guns to "spousal abusers and violent felons". HAHAHAHA

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Already seeing news articles on how this only happened because of voter suppression. Seems like people were not allowed to do absentee ballots which makes up a good portion of voters. Really, only winning by 300 doesn’t excite me. I could see this district easily going back to an anti senator the next time around.

Granted, the 56 to 44 vote was a nice kick in the teeth to the Bloombergs of the world. All in all, a happy day but we need to stay vigilant and on the attack.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Slim margin on Morse... this is why we need to convince our friends and family to actually vote. We all probably know or know of a couple people on "our side" who swear up and down that their vote doesn't count... enough of that BS!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    It's something of a bittersweet victory. The gun laws remain in effect and will likely continue to do so. The recalled senators are also being made into martyrs for the antigun cause and accusing the NRA of voter fraud (despite having six times more campaign funding). I'm curious what spin on the story the American public is going to buy. This could blow back on us in MD by spurring more anti-gun activism because I can tell you right now that the MD reps do NOT think that gun control could cost them an election. We've seen that the MD Legistlature can and will lash out against perceived injustices at the Federal level or in other states by passing laws here, where the Democratic Party isn't in any danger of losing power. Expect to see some nastiness in the next session and even more nastiness after the 2014 Elections.

Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Slim margin on Morse... this is why we need to convince our friends and family to actually vote. We all probably know or know of a couple people on "our side" who swear up and down that their vote doesn't count... enough of that BS!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

If you don't vote then you are supporting the incumbent government.....:mad54::mad54::tdown::tdown:

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    WOOT!

see http://www.denverpost.com/ and crack the chamnpagne.

Ballot Issue State Senate 3 - Recall Giron
    100% reporting
    Yes 56.0% (19,355)
    No 43.9% (15,201)

Updated 53 minutes ago

Ballot Issue State Senate 11 - Recall Morse
    100% reporting
    Yes 50.9% (9,094)
    No 49.0% (8,751)

Nice to see, but nowhere near a large enough of a margin to consider it a mandate of any sort.

Can a recall election be called for the newly elected? If so, this could go back and forthwith no real resolution.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Nice to see, but nowhere near a large enough of a margin to consider it a mandate of any sort.
    Considering the 7-1 spending advantage of the other side and the bias of both the local and national news media, at least it proves that you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Now, we need to start at the Primary level and challenge every Maryland legislator that voted against our 2nd Amendment rights. Make them fight for every single scrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom