• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    I've got an EOTech optics setup I like a lot. EoTech XPS2 and the Gen2 G.23 FTS magnifier. It does NOT use the 7mm riser.

But I'm a big fan of redundancy.. But I'm a big fan of redundancy..

So I picked up the Gen 1 Magpul MBUS backup sight. And dammit, it's about a mm too thick and causes the magnifier to not close unless I force it. So I'm looking for a thinner backup sight besides the magpul MBUS, which I'll probably be selling here shortly after I find a better one..

I was going to pickup the Troy Folding battle slight, which I think I saw a youtube video of a kid without the 7mm riser and the backup sight with some space between the two. But before I plop MORE money into a backup sight, would love to know if anyone has this setup and a backup sight they'd recommend.. I dunno much about the regular model vs the di-optic..

The Troy
    http://www.riflegear.com/p-373-troy-folding-battle-sight-rear.aspx
    Cheaper ($90) but out of stock:
    http://weaponparts.storesecured.com...-folding-battle-sight-black-fbsra4-detail.htm
    And the troy with tritium (not my desire, but if it helps anyone)
    http://weaponparts.storesecured.com...um-troy-rear-buis-with-tritium-blk-detail.htm

A different brand I saw that "might" be thin enough:
    http://www.knightarmco.com/micro_flipup_25650.htm

thanks!

Last edited:

ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    Get a Gen 2 MBUS, its folds down in a lower profile.

I was waiting on those guys to crank out the Gen2 for months.. Got fed up with the wait and went with the Gen1. It's that much lower than the gen1?

thanks! Glad I'm not the only one up at 4am surfin guns..

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was waiting on those guys to crank out the Gen2 for months.. Got fed up with the wait and went with the Gen1. It's that much lower than the gen1?

thanks! Glad I'm not the only one up at 4am surfin guns..

Im a former Gunsmith, but Im up because my current Job is I.T. and im online all day and night. :)

The MBIS 2 is about 1/4" lower when folded if memory serves me correct, its rather significant. I got rid of all my GEN 1 MHUS because I like the lower profile and newer front of the Gen 2. SO I cant compate till I go to the gunshop this weekend.

:)

ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    Gen2 Ordered.. While I knew the Troy was low enough, the mbus being cheaper than half the price made the gamble worth it. Thanks for the intel. Between that and a flyer that showed the old and new (a red outline around the new one showing how much smaller it is than the new one) I think I should be good.. thanks!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Gen2 Ordered.. While I knew the Troy was low enough, the mbus being cheaper than half the price made the gamble worth it. Thanks for the intel. Between that and a flyer that showed the old and new (a red outline around the new one showing how much smaller it is than the new one) I think I should be good.. thanks!

Glad to help, you should be good to go. Keep us updated. :)

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We have the Mag-248 Gen2's in stock, but it's been a crapshoot recently keeping them, and especially the front sight posts. They are a bit nicer, and significantly less tall, and for the same price...can't really complain too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom