• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 5, 2018
    I have been eyeballing getting a sub-style 9mm pistol, and based on reviews have narrowed it down to either the APC9 or Ghm9. Are there any ranges around that have them available for rental so I can give them a try?

Also anyone with/or having tried these guns, what's your impression of them so far? Main reason I'm going with B&T is that they have the glock lower so I can mix & match with my glock mags already, but am open to other recommendations!

I have been eyeballing getting a sub-style 9mm pistol, and based on reviews have narrowed it down to either the APC9 or Ghm9. Are there any ranges around that have them available for rental so I can give them a try?

Also anyone with/or having tried these guns, what's your impression of them so far? Main reason I'm going with B&T is that they have the glock lower so I can mix & match with my glock mags already, but am open to other recommendations!

Buy my Krag in the classifieds and I'll let you shoot the Century/MKE AP5 I will be purchasing with the proceeds.
    (The AP5 is on my very short list, I just can't afford one)

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    This is my APC9k. Simply put I love everything about this gun. It shoots MP5 smoothe with the reliability of direct blowback. The controls are AR’ish so very familiar and easy to go back and forth between platforms. Best of all it takes Glock mags which is a proven mag design and compatible with the sidearm most likely to be on my hip.

Before the APC I had a CZ Scorpion Micro which was also a pretty sweet subgun. But I realized once I upgraded what I wanted on the Scorp I could have had a B&T for not much more. The APC9 is much more refined, less recoil, and more accurate.

As far as HK clones, I think they are more novelty due to the manual of arms compared to more modern weapons. Just my opinion though.

Attachments

• 17CF1B0F-5956-482E-9405-65A1A7C4E9BD.jpg
      17CF1B0F-5956-482E-9405-65A1A7C4E9BD.jpg
      140.6 KB · Views: 197

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have tossed the idea around a number of times related to different B&T PCCs. I’ve shot several of them but still find them to run and feel like most other blowback 9mms. Credit to them, they are at the top of the pile.

I’m going to wait a bit and see what the new JP5 turns out to be. They have some amazing blowback 9mms so if they can take what they have already done in the blowback world and combine it with the roller delay, it might just be amazing.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Any of the APCs are a great choice for PCC, so is the GHM9. For the first PCC purchase I'd opt for one of the APCs and from there decide if you want to get a GHM9, there seems to be more accessories support by B&T for the APC series. I think if you get the GHM9 you will eventually want one of the APCs, if you buy one of the APCs you'll be content either way.

Jan 5, 2018
    Besides the non-reciprocating charging handle, is there any other functional difference between the APC and ghm9? I noticed there is a higher rail on the apc, does that make co-witness red dots easier to use?

From what I've heard elsewhere the recoil profile on the APC is better than that of the ghm9, but am wondering if the price difference is worth it.

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    Besides the non-reciprocating charging handle, is there any other functional difference between the APC and ghm9? I noticed there is a higher rail on the apc, does that make co-witness red dots easier to use?

From what I've heard elsewhere the recoil profile on the APC is better than that of the ghm9, but am wondering if the price difference is worth it.

I think you've summed it up. The GHM was always a civilian semi-auto while the APC is made to full-auto capabilities. I think it depends on budget and what you are comparing against. I would certainly go GHM over any of the lower priced PCC's out there (Scorpion, Stribog) and APC over the higher priced PCC's (HK, MPX).

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have all 3. and they are all great guns. but if you are on budget, the GHM9 gives you the most bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom