• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I live in Calverton and use to make the hike up to Corridor when I needed a good beer fix. Recently, my wife randomly stumbled upon Old Line Wine in Beltsville, and I checked it out.

o m g.....

It is in an old circuit city and they have a massive selection of beer, wine, and liquor. They have a pretty good size walk in cooler with a decent selection of craft beer kegs too. They also have a bar/restaurant (the "Bistro"). Initially, I was sckeptical of the bistro (a restaurant in a beer store cant have good food is what I was telling myself). I stopped in on a Friday and the bistro was packed! I have not eaten there yet, but the it looks like a top notch operation and it looks like (from the website) that they serve real food, as opposed to typical bar food. They have a good selection of taps too (I did drink a beer)

I hit them up today and on my way out, I suggested to the general manager, Vance, that they should sell cigars. He said they use to but the humidor broke and the new one was enroute. I made a joke and said all they need to do is sell guns and this would be a one stop shop for me. After a bit of small talk, he said he had a USGI 1911 and he held it up! I asked if I could take a look and we went into an office and Vance let me fondle his 1911. Bluing was horrible, but it was indeed a USGI 1911. He said it had been passed down in his family for generations and it was not for sale :).

So, if you are in need of booze in the Beltsville area, hit up Old Line Wine.

Edit- forgot to post the general location. It is roughly at the intersection of Powder Mill and Rt 1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom