• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The difference is that when Obama was in, the gun grabbers already had in office the best they knew they could hope for in the way of an executive and judge-nominator most likely to leverage events to their advantage as they occurred. So the shrill, lying activists stayed on the down-low, and didn't give him a lot of crap he couldn't pass, because that would have made him and them look bad. Whereas now, they have someone they hate in office, and he's got what's usually a losing mid-term coming up, and the need to defang, as best he can, those same shrill liars who are NOT currently keeping quiet, so that the huge portion of low-information voters can't be fed the narrative that he wasn't willing to do anything, blah blah.

If Trump hadn't acted to lump bump stocks in with MGs, he'd have been handing the already much too influential lying shriekers more valuable ammo in a season when we can usually expect to lose the legislature. It's not pretty, but it's reality.

I agree. I'd rather regulate bump stocks as machine guns and have a more reasonable process to get machine guns. Which means elimination of the local law enforcement signoff (which many will never do) and the repeal of Hughes.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The judge in this case is a Reagan appointment.

You would not know it from the way the Stalinist "youth crusade" is spun but support for "assault rifle bans" goes UP with age. A very large majority of over 65-year-olds, including a lot of independents and Republicans support bans, and support goes down among younger cohorts. Support for assault rifle ban is lowest among the 20-30 year-old cohort.

Older people are the most likely to oppose registration of firearms; while younger people people more likely to oppose bans (handgun bans, mag bans, "assault weapons" bans).

The other main trend that is important to understand is that support for additional gun control and gun bans is on a general decline -- but has huge (10, even 20 points) up spikes during media coverage of any shooting.

If you look at 40 year trends, 30 year, 20, ten even five you see declines in support for additional substantive gun control. BUT a number of the media polling is contracted say wihting days or a couple of weeks after a major event during the spike and the media can headline it with "most Americans support registration/assault rifle ban/ magazine capacity limits...." etc

I don't know about more supportive of bans as people get older.

I think we see a skew in the statistics because the baby-boomers are mostly anti-gun anyway and they're getting older.

jkasprz

May 7, 2017
    Annapolis, MD
    They are so driven in their hatred of guns and gun owners, that they don't care about any reason to have a gun. They don't want any dialog. They know that if they could just get rid of the guns, then all the violence will go away.

Read something the other day that said the violence in Mexico is the fault of the United States. that we ship all of the guns into Mexico and that if we didn't, Mexico wouldn't have the problems that they have.

I have family that are scared to death of firearms. It is like they have been conditioned to think it can hurt them just by looking at it. It is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    What I don't get is how a Reagan appointee ruled for gun control on the Due Process claim when his colleague in the court who is a Obama appointee ruled in favor of a gun store and the NSSF on the EXACT same legal question three weeks ago in finding the store survives a 12b6 motion

If you read the other ruling, you will find that the judge felt it is not a strong argument. I suspect how individual judges weigh particular circumstances will sway particular judges one way or the other.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    They are so driven in their hatred of guns and gun owners, that they don't care about any reason to have a gun. They don't want any dialog. They know that if they could just get rid of the guns, then all the violence will go away.

Read something the other day that said the violence in Mexico is the fault of the United States. that we ship all of the guns into Mexico and that if we didn't, Mexico wouldn't have the problems that they have.

I have family that are scared to death of firearms. It is like they have been conditioned to think it can hurt them just by looking at it. It is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like the argument that Chicago is dangerous only because of "easy access" to guns from Indiana. So in effect they are saying Chicago is a weak child like population that simply cannot control themselves because obviously the state of Indiana doesn't have the problems that Chicago does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom