• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    Ordered two items from Botach tactical online. Item 1 was a KAC gas block that was in a kac bag but fake block. Item 2 was a gemtech glock 17 barrel that ended up being a used lone wolf barrel in gemtech box. 2 for 2. They suuuuuuuuck. Ps. That was how dirty it was.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 732

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Someone messed up bad. Let them know right away. Don't curse them to hell just yet.

I've ordered from them a few times and they were good experiences.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I've done business with them before with no problem. Weird how they'd do this. Weird how any retailer would do this - they couldn't think that word of this wouldn't get around would they?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They have a super bad rep.

Ive rolled the dice once or twice on their stuff when highly discounted and come out alright. The small details like shipping packaging etc could have been better.

I would give them a chance, but give no quarter if they dont make it right.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I've been very lucky with them but I always call to verify item is in stock before ordering. I snagged an aimpoint 3x magnifier from them for under 300 shipped

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    Unfortunately.... Retailers are making more mistakes probably due to the fact that every store, or at least the majority, are over-run with orders. I ordered a huge order from brownells a few months ago, which included about thirty small item pieces such as small detents and springs, and a complete upper. Every single small piece part showed up.... Except for the complete upper. :mad54:

I was infuriated... How can you miss the biggest and most expensive part of an order??? Needless to say, companies do make mistakes...especially in desperate times like these.

So I'm a big believer in "what will they do to make it up the error"? Especially if they normally provide great service. It just took a 2 min call, and the upper was shipped overnight and at my house the next day.

My point is, whoever was supposed to check the shipping package/list was obviously having a rough day, or whatever the case... And messed up.

Give them an opportunity to fix the issue 100%. These retailers know that social media is an important factor in sales, so making a customer satisfied SHOULD mean something.

D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge
    I've ordered mags from them several times before october with no problems and would have continued to do so if standard capacity mags were still legal to ship to MD.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    They have an employee who's a member here... I've ordered once from them, and a week later someone used my card number and tried to buy a few big ticket items. Fortunately, I'm poor so it was stopped before any real damage was done.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    They have an employee who's a member here... I've ordered once from them, and a week later someone used my card number and tried to buy a few big ticket items. Fortunately, I'm poor so it was stopped before any real damage was done.

Here he is http://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=7586 But he only has one post that I could find.

I have purchased from them in the past and everything went well but if they don't make this right I for the OP I can guarantee they will never see another dime from me.

Edit: I just tried to open their website and got an error message. The message is from my computer showing them as a blacklisted company that I don't want to do business with again. Now I'm trying to remember when and why I put them there. I did a search and found 3 pages of threads with pretty much the same vane as this one.

Vjornaxx

Twelve
    Mar 8, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    I had ordered a M&P Bluegun from them over a year ago (8/20/12). A few days after placing the order, the status was changed from "in stock" to "back ordered". They said it would take about 6 weeks. I forgot about that order until a few months ago. So I sent an email inquiring about it (5/28/13) and received a reply saying that they had no ETA. To say the least, I was annoyed that they hadn't bothered to contact me for 9 months.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    This is about the 5th thread I've seen in the past year filled with posts about problems with this company.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    For the most part, I've had very good dealings with them. The only issue I've had was when I ordered some Sig mags that were supposedly in stock, but then got the back order notice. I'm not expecting that order to ever be completed b/c I think those mags are now discontinued.

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    I ordered 100 30-round pmags from them a year ago, just about the same time as the Newtown incident. It was a group buy for a bunch of guys, and we needed all we had ordered. A few months and several emails and phone calls later, they sent out a mass email stating that, in order to satisfy as many customers as possible, they were only going to be sending out 3 mags and canceling the rest. I sent an email stating my case, and they never responded. About 2 months later, my 3 mags showed up. Won't be doing business with them again.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I recently ordered Geissele triggers from them that, per their website, were in stock. After a few days of radio silence I emailed them for status, to find out they did not have any of the triggers I ordered. In other words, shopping there is like a 1995 internet shopping experience. I canceled the order. Their discounts don't make up for the waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom