• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    August 5 Mayberry Match, Results

Sunday, August 5 is your last chance to try to qualify for the series finale. Registration for the fourth match in the Mayberry Precision Rifle Championship Series in now open. Details on the series can be found at: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=72705

Mail your check for $40 made payable to MGPA to:
    Steve Dukehart
    308 Royer Rd
    Westminster MD, 21158

Include an Email address (preferred) or phone number so we can notify you once your entry has been received.

Open to first 30 paid shooters, when roster fills entrees will be placed on a waiting list in the order they are received.
    72 hours notice required for a cancellation with refund
    No refunds given within 72 hours of match.

Thanks, hope to see you all at the range.

Steve Bechtel

Last edited:

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Most of the time. All depends on what the match director comes up with. Be prepared to shoot from 50 yards to 600 yards.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Most of the time. All depends on what the match director comes up with. Be prepared to shoot from 50 yards to 600 yards.

OH man....that throws a kink in it for sure. So I'm guessing that I will not know the distance at each location before my shooting relay?

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    OH man....that throws a kink in it for sure. So I'm guessing that I will not know the distance at each location before my shooting relay?

Don't worry too much about UKD. Mayberry has done a few things in past on it, but vast vast majority of stuff is all KD. If you can shot KD well, but don't know the first thing about UKD, you will still do well at the match. Just come out and shoot. Don't sweat the details.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Don't worry too much about UKD. Mayberry has done a few things in past on it, but vast vast majority of stuff is all KD. If you can shot KD well, but don't know the first thing about UKD, you will still do well at the match. Just come out and shoot. Don't sweat the details.

Haha... I wouldn't say I shoot know distances well at all, shot peacmakers fclass once, my first and only match. I'm gonna think on this one for sure.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Haha... I wouldn't say I shoot know distances well at all, shot peacmakers fclass once, my first and only match. I'm gonna think on this one for sure.

Mayberry is a good intro to tactical precision. Ranges are not extended and targets tend to be of good size. You aren't going to hit all of them, maybe not even half of them, but you will get hits and you will have a good time. Also, lots of guys welling to share experience and answer questions.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Any running involved?

All three of the matches so far in the 2012 series have had running. Last one we did a lap around lake and then shot for score at a 600yd paper target. But powers that be at Mayberry don't give out the CoF in advance so this one may not have any running.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    We will be meeting at the Archers Clubhouse and running cross country, evading the Sporting Clays shooters, down to the 1st event.

I hate it when those green and orange little flying saucers hit me in the head.

Its worse when they hit you in the nuts.:shocking:

You're complaining that some spots are still open??? After reading the above posts I wouldn't be surprised if there were a series of mass cancellations.:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

still some spots open

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom