• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I'm getting back into 3gun and gearing up to show you all how it's done in Oct :). I need a bolt, charging handle and aiming device. To reduce expense in the short-term, will borrowing the red dot from another rifle be enough for TCSC? What's everyone else using? I have a 1x4 from before.

Longest shot is about an 8"x8" reduced size target at 50 yards, well within the range of a red dot, most are 18x18 within 25 yards where a red dot is at least equal to a magnified scope at 1x, and can have advantages. Run my 1-6 at 1x on all but the big stage 3 bay, then only use maybe 2-3X, ran my EoTech in an earlier match, and didn't really change my score. Now if you plan to shoot York, they have one stage with small targets out to 200 yards, and a few other stages with small 4" targets out to 50ish, so having 4x or better really helps, still not impossible with a red dot, but it is at a disadvantage. The difference also dictates what division you are in, a red dot on the rifle, 30rd rifle mags, and 8rd tube on the shotgun(a longer tube has to be blocked) places you in factory, magnified rifle optic, any rifle mag and > 8rd shotgun tube(start with 9 only) places you in practical.

Looks like thunderstorms sunday. What's the plan for that?

so far have been lucky enough to have good weather, it's usually on if it's raining with bags over the targets, delayed or cancelled if it's thunderstorming or raining really heavy, keep an eye out for an e-mail. Ben won't be there, but has a couple good people running it in his absence.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    from the match director
    Due to the virtual certainty of thunder, lightning, and rain this weekend the match has been cancelled. There's just not enough cover at TCSC to justify setting up and running the match this month. Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope to see you all in September.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Longest shot is about an 8"x8" reduced size target at 50 yards, well within the range of a red dot, most are 18x18 within 25 yards where a red dot is at least equal to a magnified scope at 1x, and can have advantages. Run my 1-6 at 1x on all but the big stage 3 bay, then only use maybe 2-3X, ran my EoTech in an earlier match, and didn't really change my score. Now if you plan to shoot York, they have one stage with small targets out to 200 yards, and a few other stages with small 4" targets out to 50ish, so having 4x or better really helps, still not impossible with a red dot, but it is at a disadvantage. The difference also dictates what division you are in, a red dot on the rifle, 30rd rifle mags, and 8rd tube on the shotgun(a longer tube has to be blocked) places you in factory, magnified rifle optic, any rifle mag and > 8rd shotgun tube(start with 9 only) places you in practical.

Thanks. Very helpful info. I'll belong in Factory

Last edited:

rolfedav

Jan 16, 2013
    Looking for 3gun not on Sun

Does anyone know of a three gun match in MD or surrounding not on Sunday????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom