• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Just remember to have at least 10 rounds of rifle ammo on you at ALL times. :lol2: You never know when they will check that rule. :innocent0

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    This is my first Mayberry shoot. For clarity, I must be prepared to carry everything I bring, correct?

Would you like us to bring water to contribute to the communal cooler? (I'll throw in a case)

Also, do we have a final round count?

You can bring a case if you want. However I'll have six cases there and with only thirteen shooters at this point, I think it may be an overkill. Almost like me using my .458 Win Mag on a 150 lb deer at 60 yards:lol::lol2::lol::lol2::lol:

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Man I'd love to come up but with the 3-gun at York on Saturday I just don't think I can get everything ready. If by some chance I can get clearance from SWMBO can I register Sunday morning and shoot? My biggest problem right now is I don't have a bi-pod mount on the only rifle that is ready to shoot this kind of match.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Man I'd love to come up but with the 3-gun at York on Saturday I just don't think I can get everything ready.
    Yes, yes you can.
    If by some chance I can get clearance from SWMBO can I register Sunday morning and shoot?
    Pending a more official answer from Steve, considering the registered turnout so far, I'd say that you could.
    My biggest problem right now is I don't have a bi-pod mount on the only rifle that is ready to shoot this kind of match.
    Obviously, this is a non-issue. Want me to bring an extra with me? :)

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Man I'd love to come up but with the 3-gun at York on Saturday I just don't think I can get everything ready. If by some chance I can get clearance from SWMBO can I register Sunday morning and shoot? My biggest problem right now is I don't have a bi-pod mount on the only rifle that is ready to shoot this kind of match.

Start putting things together Friday night. That is what I am doing. I am shooting the 3-gun in York as well.

What time does the match start? This sounds rather interesting.

duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    We can accept up to 30 shooters for our event. I would say get here by 0800 to register day of the shoot.
    Bipods are not required, people have shot this event without them - using a backpack as a rest, etc. improvise.
    Ooh! a new idea - retro shoot - no bipods allowed, Thanks for the idea.

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Mayberry Spear, Tomahawk and Tactical Archery matches coming 2011. I think you guys are on to something, I'll start writing the course of fire today. No bipods allowed on the primative weapons. Stay tuned for details.

Like Duke308 said, if you haven't sent your registration in yet, just bring it Sunday morning and we'll find a spot for you to shoot in.

See you all Sunday.

Steve B.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Mayberry Spear, Tomahawk and Tactical Archery matches coming 2011. I think you guys are on to something, I'll start writing the course of fire today. No bipods allowed on the primative weapons. Stay tuned for details.

Like Duke308 said, if you haven't sent your registration in yet, just bring it Sunday morning and we'll find a spot for you to shoot in.

See you all Sunday.

Steve B.

You must maintain at least 10 arrows on your person at all times and distances will be 100 to 600 yards. Got it!!!

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    LOL...I bought one of those folding pull carts at Costco last week. For $50, it was worth a try. Like this, but dark tan (FDE!) and the handle arrangement is slightly different: http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11306719/reviews.htm I see slick-deals also shows one in green, but the one I got looks like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/im..._image_0?ie=UTF8&n=165793011&s=toys-and-games

I thought I could load stuff for the firing point into it and save myself a trip or two walking stuff back and forth. Nothing is that heavy, just too much to carry in one trip. It works well for moving in and out of motel rooms with more than one armload of gear, but I have not used it in the field yet.

One of the languages on the instruction cards describes it as a "Chariot", which I find odd, since there is no place to hook a worthy steed to it. Still, if they say it's a damn Chariot, that's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Still, if they say it's a damn Chariot, that's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Now you just need the proper approved "Chariot" head gear.

P12349188.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom