• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Here's a cautionary tale for my friends here...
    Last week I found a nice CZ-27 listed on Auction Arms w. no reserve and a start price of $225. Last night I noticed that nobody had bid on it so I put in a $250 proxy bid and two hrs later got an automated email stating that I was the winner for $225. Cool! A very nice example for about $100-150 under market price.
    Not five minutes later a new AA email pops up telling me that the very same CZ-27 has been relisted. WTF?!!
    Then I get another email from the seller stating "Unfortunately I cannot sell this to you for $225. I made a mistake listing it for $225 when it should have been $425." WTF??!!!
    So I email AAs person in charge of disputes...
    "Sirs,
    Received this email from seller of this CZ27. I am curious as to how he can back out of the auction result and re-list it. Mine was the sole bid placed approx 2 hrs before the auction closed so he had ample opportunity to edit or close the listing. What gives? Is this a valid transaction or not?
    Obviously I cannot coerce him into selling and at this point I would assume that my only recourse is negative feedback but I would like to know what the policy of Auction Arms is in this instance."
    And here's his reply to me...
    "No, what he is doing is wrong, and yes your only recourse at this time is leaving negative feedback, we will keep an eye on him though."
    Now this lot sat for 6 days 22 hours before the first and only bid was entered so the seller had that period of time to either edit or pull the listing and he didn't. So I'm left to assume he didn't get the price he wanted and just took his toy to another playground. Very poor form.
    It's not the end of the world, my life, and the search for a nice CZ-27, goes on. Just know that even when the hammer drops and you're the high bidder it's not a guarantee that it's yours until it's in your bound book!

Bummer, I didnt think they could close once a bid was in play. AA has gotten a little weird lately. There haggle feature itself is problematic.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    :tdown:
    This is a load of crap, that guy's a clown and and the auction company should ban this guy immediately. If you bid, your bid was the only bid and there was no reserve beyond a starting price you bid beyond, that was your gun.
    If your only recourse is bad feedback, I would make it crystal clear this guy is not to be trusted, so no one else meets the same fate and this a*sclown sells nothing.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Screw that $600 bid. Give us the link to the seller. Anonymous may not be your personal army, but I'll be a footsoldier. I'll run every auction he runs up to 10k. After a month of cancelled auctions, maybe he'll get tired of it and at least apologize.

I'm glad someone linked to the TOS. From a legal perspective, you could go after him. No idea what the law is currently, but you might need to make several cases, in MD, in his state, in AA's state of incorporation and perhaps others, as well as federal. Not worth it just due to filing fees.

Morally/ethically, it's just down to you have to eat it. Post feedback, walk away. But you also owe it to the seller and your fellow enthusiasts to post his name here.

And despite the trollish comments in the first paragraph, I probably wouldn't mess with more than one or two of his auctions. And if you are really worried about it, I wouldn't mess with any. Not getting immediate revenge is of secondary importance to having a piss poor seller's name out there.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    That thought did cross my mind!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't do that. Not only would you get neg, feed back but most auction sites state that a bid is a binding contract. It works both ways, He should have to sell the gun to you at your bid. The only out I see for him is if he had a reserve on it.

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    pfffft. I won an auction, thought the gun was illegal in MD, told the seller, he got me blacklisted neg fedback, then I went to buy it anyway, and am still blacklisted all over a misunderstanding. Whats with auction arms and there one strike rule?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    pfffft. I won an auction, thought the gun was illegal in MD, told the seller, he got me blacklisted neg fedback, then I went to buy it anyway, and am still blacklisted all over a misunderstanding. Whats with auction arms and there one strike rule?

Did you not expect him to be mad?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Was looking, but can't find where it's listed anymore. Wanted in inquire if this was the same gun that was just listed as sold........:innocent0

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I am dealing with a fukctard right now with GB. He bought a rifle and he lives in Cali. He said he is not sure if he can accept it as he just has has C&R. Its a C&R rifle. I rold him to find a FFL01 I send it to and wont sent payment even though he won. I think he is having buyers remorse and is just not paying.

Why bid or commit to buy or bid to win if you wont follow through. I understand a loss of job or illness, but buyers remorse is BS.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Sometimes I think people like to bid as a form of playing, or to hike up the price for someone else, then they are surprised to find they are stuck with the winning bid....:sad20:

Sirex