• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Was walking around in some woods today near the Mason Dixon line/I83 and found that a coyote must have dropped it's FL CC lisc. If anyone can help, please contact 1-800-666-ACME. Otherwise, report lost coyotes to the FL Dept of Agriculture liscensing division.

Attachments

• coyotetrack1.jpg
      coyotetrack1.jpg
      54.2 KB · Views: 1,248

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Oh no- oops, seems I go to pick up the coyote's lisc and mine falls out! What are the odds of that?

Attachments

• coyotetrack2.jpg
      coyotetrack2.jpg
      17.3 KB · Views: 1,232

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    A friend of ours shot a coyote on APG before Christmas.... I have a cousin in Darlington with a big farm and they shot one on their farm about 30 years ago---one of the first 'comeback' sightings in the area...

In the early 80's I came home from school and saw a BIG long cat with a LONG tail slinking thru the woods in our back yard.... I looked and couldn't believe I was seeing a MOUNTAIN LION! We lived near Susquehanna State Park, so there was plenty of wooded acreage.... Normally our weimeraners would have barked like crazy if it was just a cat, but both of them just stood on top of their house and watched it intently... I called my father at work and told him and he said I was crazy..... Then as the years went by, more and more sightings turned up in the State Parks and areas on both sides of the lower Susquehanna...

It took some time to get any vindication, but I know what I saw!!!

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Our back yard in Fallston is fenced in for our Labs, and one day only one was outside but I could here her running and tags jingling thru the window.... when I poked my head out to see what she was doing---I was amazed! There was a fox on the outside of the fence and the two were playing!!!

One would chase the other to the end of the fence and they'd both stop and stick their heads down and butts up like dogs do when they play,,, No barking or growling---just two animals frolicking and having fun... It was pretty cool!
    When I finally walked out after about 5 minutes of watching them go back and forth, the fox only ran off about 30 yards, turned around and sat down and stared at me , as if to say "You spoiled everything".....

Mikeyworks

Sep 20, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    We had a coyote sighting in Havre de Grace last week. Buddy of mine saw it on Chapel Road near Bulle Rock...those woods are contiguous with my neighborhood. Time to keep an eye out and have something ready to take him down!!!

mackie

Dumb Farmer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    We've got a big problem with ferrel dogs up here in Fair Hill. The repopulated Red Tailed Hawks are taking their toll on the squirel and rabbit population too.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I would be careful of a Fox that isn't afraid of your dog or yourself. Had a friend in VA who started seeing a fox around real regular. Thought it was cool. He kept seeing it more and more and just figured it was getting use to him. A week or so later that fox attacked his small dogs and gave them rabies. Had to have them put down. Now a days if he sees a fox getting friendly he caps him.

Coyotes are going to be a big issue. Once they get established they can really hurt the deer herds and such. I am thinking about night hunting them in the future.

Vic

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    DNR needs to make coyotes "non game" with no closed season- day or night, and even year round trapping. In fact the whole state should be year round for fox too. Why are Dorchester an Charles counties so special? Keep foxes a furbearer though. Open otter and beaver to nonresidents too.

Deer in Harford are already spooked when they hear a coyote, so it is obvious they are being preyed upon. Sure there are too many deer and coyotes will do some good, but look at what happened in PA. Bears and bobcats played a role there too, but I have no doubt that the now large coyote populations of the same areas with few deer are partly to blame. I understand Nova Scotia used to have alot of deer, now they are rare as hen's teeth, but very big eastern coyotes are all over the province. It is not much different than the wolves out west that are eating up the elk herds.

It will be pretty funny for the trappers in MD when the fox chasers start to whine. Hey maybe DNR will bring back live market on red foxes, so long as they are penned long enough to ensure they are not rabid. 100.00 a fox sounds like nice money! I can also collect the urine while they are penned and sell that. I don't even mind a fox farming permit, so long as it isn't expensive.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    A fox in my neighborhood wanders the cemetary hunting wabbits. I went to work late a couple of times and at around noon, he likes to come out into someone's driveway and just sit there watching traffic. Lots of rabbits. He's in really good shape.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    There are red fox tracks all over our place- as usual.

I'm now mink trapping at the place I tried to trap coyotes at, but haven't seen any yote tracks in this new snow.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    There are red fox tracks all over our place- as usual.

I'm now mink trapping at the place I tried to trap coyotes at, but haven't seen any yote tracks in this new snow.

I was looking a a recent Fur-Fish-Game magazine today and saw a neat box-type trap for mink. It was made of wood with a small hole in each end with a rat trap placed on the floor of the trap.. Have you tried these??

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If I did this right you should have a pic of some "Good Coyotes" near Indian Springs, Western MD.

How did you get all of them to go to sleep in the back of your truck? You the "Coyote Whisperer" or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom