• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I use drive through ATMs so I can drive away if someone tries to rob me. I never knew there was an option to blast them instead.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    If I need cash I stop at a grocery store and buy some Tic Tac's and get cash back. I haven't used an outdoor ATM in 10 years.

Side note: When I first heard about bank debit cards I got one right from the beginning...circa 1973 and the add campaign called it Harvey Wallbanker.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I mean, taken at face value, good.

But we need a lot more facts.

That story is real light on details. We've certainly heard cases that at face value seemed like they might be an okay self defense shooting. And then turns out it was a guy at the wrong house knocking on the door and got shot through the door...

I am just curious in this case on what driving towards him and the guy thought they were going to rob him meant. I can see how it could go down where that is exactly the case. Car/truck comes flying in and slams to a stop directly in front of him and the guys jump out and he shoots them.

But the story doesn't mention that they got out of the vehicle at all. Or pointed weapons at him. It has only happened once, but I had a guy pull across in front of me at a drive through ATM close enough I couldn't pull out and stop. It for sure lit up all the alarm bells. I honked at him, he looked up and over at me surprised and pulled forward out of my way and I left. Pretty sure he was just a shitty driver and distracted looking for his wallet or whatever. As I left he was pulling around the bank into the drive through ATM.

The guy didn't come flying in. Didn't screech to a stop. Etc. But again, this story is real light on details and good shoots have turned out to be...probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom